Need good studio mic for recording death metal vocals. What would you recommend? I have absolutely no experience when it comes to microphones. My friend lent me his cheap Shure606, but it's utter shit. I don't want to spend money on something that's actually crap. I need a REALLY good gear that I will be satisfied with. And I need your recomendations. I'm willing to spend some money on it.
Born to lose, live to win.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I think growling vocals sound like utter shit no matter what mic you use, but I would look into some nice condenser mic's by either Shure or Sennheiser, the more expensive, the better it's gona be.

1)Your opinion on the type of vocals matters not young one.
2) Price does not equal quality. The law of diminishing returns means that most condensor mics over 300 dollars sound largely the same as those that cost a grand. Sorry.

OP; If you are on a budget brudda just pick up a SM57 or 58. Both will work quite well and with decent production get you semi pro results. I love the Blue Bluebird for growls/screams as it is quite clear and doesn't impart its own tone. You can also find them used for cheap (140-200).
Last edited by merriman44 at Aug 18, 2010,