HI, im newhere at UG. Anyway, i was just wonder how i should practice. Normally i just sit on my bed and play a bunch of songs.(everytime i practice it doesn'y feel like im getting anywhere) Is thre anything im missing like going through scales and maybe arpegious and stuff. A list of the things would be AWESOME. THANKS!

PS: The only reeson for my speling is to make it a chalenge for the reeder. I'm actualy helping u.
Last edited by Guru.Guitar.Boy at Aug 17, 2010,
Quote by Guru.Guitar.Boy
HI, im newhere at UG. Anyway, i was just wonder how i should practice. Normally i just sit on my bed and play a bunch of songs.(everytime i practice it doesn'y feel like im getting anywhere) Is thre anything im missing like going through scales and maybe arpegious and stuff. A list of the things would be AWESOME. THANKS!

PS: The only reeson for my speling is to make it a chalenge for the reeder. I'm actualy helping u.

to start with, practice spelling properly, as people here hate challenges and reading
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
to start with, practice spelling properly, as people here hate challenges and reading

/thread
try to create this list of things you´d like to get better on your own would probably be good advice...you don´t really need to hear from other people what you should learn, although if you´re not sure at all what to play, then I guess some advice is needed...try to look at you favorite players or listen to your favorite bands and simply write out the things the´re doing you like... and then create some simple schedule, which will cover all the topics you´re interested in (may it be some simple soloing, or chords...it doesn´t really how to be theory stuff for that matter, but it never hurts to grasp some of it)...one thing that really helped me to get out of the "just going through songs" rut was to incorporate various music styles into my playing...let´s say you like rock or punk or whatever...try something that was before this, which is blues(no other musical style will teach you how to bend so tastefully as blues)..also try some metal picking techniques, try some jazzy chords...it doesn´t have to be difficult, you will get into it later if you stay interested...but I´d recomend you still to go through songs, since they are the thing that keeps you interested in guitar, because you didn´t take up the guitar because of some "major scale in triplets exercise", or did you try soloing over your favorite songs, or try to spice the chords of the song with various notes...hope this helps you
Work on legato major scale shape patterns start at 60bpm 1 note per click and 5 mins a pattern. However shake your hand when you feel latic acid build up - this is essential. Do this up the pattern for a week till your comfortable to move up 10-20bpm (only do this when your playing is very clean with right technique) do this for 6 months whilst learning other scale patterns etc and you should notice a huge improvement
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Matt420740
Hi newhere, I'm Matt.

+1

seriously, you might consider learning the theory, but it depends on how well you can play.. For me, I began learning theory seriously after a year of hand/finger exercises..

go to the guitar techniques forum read the thread freepower wrote.. there are pretty good stuff

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
It sounds like you need some sense of direction. May I suggest that yo consider taking a music theory course from a local college. You will learn from an experienced instructor, who will teach you stuff that might lead greater possibilities.

that's my suggestion.

ron666