Heyy
I've been looking, unsuccessfully, for a Sunn Solarus head to take to uni with me. I've come to terms with the fact that the amps too rare for me to get hold of, so I need some suggestions for modern alternatives.
I'm looking for a clean amp head, a second channel isnt really necessary. I like kinda, hot cleans? An example is in verse of the Hot Chip song 'Look After Me'. Also, Mogwai's guitar sound on the Mr Beast album I want an effects loop, and a headphones output too.

Heres a link to the hot chip song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_sDYm3PPK4
Yeahh, those amps are way too big for my needs

Any clean head really, around £500, that takes pedals well
^those are all good suggestions for what you're looking for.

It's going to be hard to find a headphone jack on a head too...
Ahh shit, i missed that. Yeah, just get one of them heads and like a roland microcube for when you have to use headphones. Well, thats what id do.
Ive got a blue-grille Vox AD120something right now, the version before these newer metal grille things, but its pretty big. I love how it sounds and all, but its huge and heavy, and i don't really use all the bells and whistles it has, just a clean channel and a few of the drive channels. That laney sounds alright in reviews, I might test it out sometime.
I might look into the 60w version of my current amp, but I'm not sure if it will sound the same
maybe look into a line 6 pod? they are small, sound great with headphones, and sound good enough plugged into average computer speakers. thats how i used mine while i lived at college
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣