I just got an ESP LTD M100-FM (for my birthday in a few weeks, so no NGD yet ) but I am now utterly confused by something...

You see, one of the reasons I love this guitar is that the volume control is out of the way next to the floyd rose, but when I go to the ESP website, it's next to the pickup again, and so are all the M100-FMs in their archives

Here's what I mean:

The one I got:
http://guitarbitz.com/965.htm

The ones on the ESP website, control next to the pickup:
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html

Um... Help?

Is it just a really really old model?

EDIT: Update: Emailed ESP about it and heard back from them today, saying it's in fact a 2006 model
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Aug 20, 2010,
Umm, I think it's in the same place in both links.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
it might be an older model or possibly newer. But just because it looks a little different doesnt mean its a really really old model. for example, i got a green prs se paul allender model (cant touch it till chirstmas -_-) and everywhere i looked on the internet when i searched for pictures of it to show my friends, it showed the same guitar with gold hardware and it was purple. problem was, as i said above, mine is green and has chrome hardware (i think...) and when i did research and turns out that the one i have is the 2010 model and the purple one is the 2009 model. 1 year can make a huge difference.
Last edited by boosted928 at Aug 17, 2010,
to everybody who is saying there is no difference....you are retarded...the volume knob moved.. the pickups are different and the bridge is a different colour....
Quote by slingshotjr
to everybody who is saying there is no difference....you are retarded...the volume knob moved.. the pickups are different and the bridge is a different colour....

The small picture on the store's site is not taken at a straight angle, so it looks like the knobs are slightly off, and the trem colouring might be just because of the lighting. However, the additional pictures reveal the knobs to be in the same places.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
probably last years model. it's pretty common. the sam ash by me has guitars as old as 6 years that are now discontinued. but since they never sold, they are still considered new.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by The^Unforgiven
The small picture on the store's site is not taken at a straight angle, so it looks like the knobs are slightly off, and the trem colouring might be just because of the lighting. However, the additional pictures reveal the knobs to be in the same places.

I've seen it in person, it's definitely not the angle the picture was taken in

This wouldn't bother me so much if the body woods hadn't changed over the years as well, so I don't know whether it's basswood or agathis

Thanks for all your help guys

I've actually contacted ESP about it, I'll let you know if I hear back from them, and you can look forward to an NGD thread on the 8th of September
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Quote by The^Unforgiven

The additional pictures of the red variant at guitarbitz show a different guitar than the small pic on the main page. Check the extra pics of the black one to see the difference. The knob is way further back and no crazy picture-taking angle would make one look like the other.
The older model has the ESP branded licensed Floyd and the volume knob almost directly below the Bridge post. The new models have Floyd Rose Specials and the volume knob is located beneath the bridge PUP....over a full inch forward.
a minor detail- the bridge routing is different. prolly doesnt matter though, just throwing it out there
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by webwarmiller
I really hope some of you guys aren't as tone deaf as y'all are blind:

Thank you good sir

EDIT: Just noticed it appears that the older ones (like mine) were made in Indonesia whereas the new ones are made in China

Last edited by archerygenious at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by distortion896
a minor detail- the bridge routing is different. prolly doesnt matter though, just throwing it out there

The trems are different as well. The older ones had a licensed ESP trem where as the newer ones have the bit higher quality/better feeling Floyd Rose Special.