Self Teaching:
-Pros: Saves money
-Cons: No hands on learning, easier to pick up bad habits, possibly slower learning

Teacher: OPPOSITE OF ABOVE
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Teaching yourself saves money, but its sometime times harder to learn certain things about playing your instrument. I am self taught and I have little to no musical theory or knowledge, and I also know very few scales. So it has its up and downs.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
what would u guys tell someone who's just starting to get a teacher but if cant try an tell them were to start
Why do you talk in 3rd person
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Last edited by Drakathan at Aug 17, 2010,
bc my lil brothers friend his dad is wanting me to teach him how to play lol when im still learning my self
How good are you? You could teach him at least the basics if youre good, but if youre only starting out youll probably ruin his playing by transfering mistakes and bad habits to him.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
um i have bought the 100$ lessons from www.jamorama.com it has 50+ beginner lessons, 50+ advanced lessons, a electronic tuner with games an extras, 30+ acoustic lessons, just a bunch off stuff for every beginner.That's what i have been using to learn with i was thinking of maybe burning them all on to blank cd's for him an just let him buy them for half of what i paid for.