was looking over the boss ME-50B , boss GT-6B and Roland Vbass. could anyone give some insight into either of these? or any negative/positive feedback. maybe another brand/model i havent seen.
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
Last edited by CommBreakDown at Aug 17, 2010,
ah, the multifx/processor. I can't offer too much insight on ones specifically for bass, but a few of my friends have had them for guitar. They played like multifx, but better(?). The effects built into them seemed a tad bit more natural than on regular multifx, plus the amp modelling wasn't too bad. I can't say too much more about bass ones in specific, but I can offer advice: unlike other multifx, these ones are meant to almost eliminate having other pedals, which some people might be uncomfortable with. They have a plethora of effects, but they most likely don't have anything that sounds just like how the actual pedal would.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I have the ME-50B. I just wanted a few more options and the ability of just having the all in one feature. Its a solid buy.
IMO there isn't enough different effects for bass to buy an expensive Multi effect unit. I only use 2 or 3 different effects on my Bass Pod XT Live, because most of the effects either don't work properly or just sound stupid. There is the option of having a load of different tones, but once you find one that you ike, you generally don't use the ohters anyway.

I would advise either a cheaper Multi effect unit, or individual pedals but thats just mu opinion.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I've played bass through podfarm, guitarig 4, some digitech and zoom multi fx and my guitar players me-50. The me-50 sounded damn good though theres some low end loss since it was the standard guitar one, and it has different effects than the me-50b, but Im sure the me-50b would be a good buy. The me-70 came out awhile back for guitar. Its very similar to the me-50 with the addition of some features like a looper, and one more footswitch, so Im sure it only a matter of time before they release a me-70b...but I would go boss for multifx.
GT-6B's are pretty tasty, I use mine for basic effects when i have my own amp and a 'rig in a box' when i'm touring without my amp.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects