Moving into a new flat soonish and unfortunatly for me my door looks like this

(Invalid img)

Not great for privacy, so I'm in need of ideas on how to black out the window panels TEMPORARILY as I'm only renting for a year so fitting a curtain frame/new door is out.

I had thought of blu tack/gaffa taping paper but after thats been left up for a while it tends to become tricky to remove and I don't want specs of blu-tack or tape all over the door, so my deposit won't get ass raped.

I saw "Magic Blackout Blind " but it stresses it's only a temporary soloution for a few hours a day for a few weeks so I don't want to have to sink money into that every month because it fell off.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Curtain/tapestry
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
blu tack will be fine, on glass you can roll it straight off with a little effort, even if it's old
Aye was thinking of those, but curtains are too heavy for me to apply without fitting a pole.

Blinds is an idea if I can find some that I can take the frame off the door.
Could you not get some sort of fabric and just pin it up at the top of the door, you wont be able to notice the holes after they're removed
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Just get some paper or cloth and tape it over the windows.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Put this cardboard cutout in front of it.

AND RASCIST JOKE OF THE DAY GOES TO MEEEEEE
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Drape a magical genie rug behind it. It'll be a sexy and mysterious way to enter your place
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Demon Wolf

You Sir are my hero.
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Demon Wolf

5/10

He could be blacker.
Just get newspaper, cut it onto rectangular pieces the size of those windows on the door and tape em.

Or if you don't want newspaper get colored construction paper.
Quote by Go Square Go!
How do you get 'math' from 'mathematics'.
Quote by testekleez
aluminium foil.

Fixed.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
Fixed.

1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Blu tack paper/card, but put the blu tack so it's on the glass, not the wood. It would mean you'd have cut the paper/card to size however.

You can get removable net curtain poles, that are held in place by tension. Designed for use in windows. But I don't think they would stand up to the weight of a floor length net curtain or withstand the curtain being moved all the time.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

You could always try some sort of curtain type thing. Or maybe buy some frostpaint. Or just get black paint. Make sure to tape off the wood if you decide to paint. When you want to take the paint off use acetone, works like a charm but very nasty stuff. In a very bizarre accident I ended up spraying white rust paint on my windshield and somehow didn't realise it. After day of drying and baking in the sun I noticed what I had somehow done. A nice spray right across my windshield with abit of a leak pattern. Took out the acetone, soaked it on a rag (made sure it disnt touch my car paint!!) and wiped it off, took me about 45 minutes to realy make sure I didn't miss any spots. My windshield has NEVER BEEN CLEANER. Not even kidding. But this is probably due to the fact that acetone melts glass....
What you dont realise OP is you've already kissed your deposit goodbye.

You'll be lucky to even have a door by the time the 4th month comes around.