OK. For Metallica's Master OF Puppets it say's the BPM for the song is 108. On my metronome were should i set the bpm's at i was thinking 80 maybe.
? wouldn't you set it at the beats per minute in the song?
idk, sounds liek common sense to me, but i don't use a metronome haha
well i thought u would set it below until u can perfectly play it then up the bpms an repeat
Quote by Austin174
well i thought u would set it below until u can perfectly play it then up the bpms an repeat

Start at a tempo where you know you can play it perfectly and work up from there, we can't tell you what that is.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You're correct. Lowering the tempo until you can play it well, then raising it is a good way to learn a song you're struggling with. And most of MoP is much faster than 108, except for the half time clean interlude. You could play it at 108 or whatever it is, but you'd be playing in double time.
well on my guitar pro it says BPM 108 an its the version 3 one also if that means ne thing
Quote by X V I I
You're correct. Lowering the tempo until you can play it well, then raising it is a good way to learn a song you're struggling with. And most of MoP is much faster than 108, except for the half time clean interlude. You could play it at 108 or whatever it is, but you'd be playing in double time.

108 in double time is a better tempo to work towards, most metronomes don't go over 208 in my experience.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
then y would it have the little music note an 108 right next to it maybe that means something else i dont know lol
Quote by Austin174
Then why would it have the little music note and 108 right next to it? Maybe that means something else? I don't know lol

Sorry, I'm a grammar Nazi

Any ways, that's what the note means, though the song is not 108 bpm, it is definitely 220.
Quote by robhc
I can tell you now that MOP is 220 bpm, not 108.

You can play it at 108 as long as you play it all in 16ths instead of 8ths, dear god don't try playing it in 16ths at 220

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Austin174
What do you mean by the 16th's instead of 8th's.

16ths = 4 notes to the beat

8ths = 2 notes to the beat

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You can play it at 108 as long as you play it all in 16ths instead of 8ths, dear god don't try playing it in 16ths at 220

The second solo is 16th notes at 220.
But ya, you could play it using 16th notes at 110 (or 108 for that matter, won't make a hella lot of difference, just be a tad slower). Hell, that's what I do, a metronome going at 220 throws me off WAY too much.
I thing I'll just play with the song an get it up to speed that way seems alot easier that way.