Page 1 of 2
A friend of mine invited me to a supposed 'revolution' that the organiser wants to take place in London on 11th September 2011.
The idea being that on 11th August 2011, everyone stops going to work and begins a month of 'non-compliance.' After that month everyone then 'peacefully' seizes the capital of London (and other capital cities).
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=258206195840
The organiser wants this to happen all around the world, not just London. But he personally will be marching into London (although probably on his own.)

Quote by Charles Torres Veitch
We will occupy these buildings physically, spiritually, and symbolically. We will use the apparatus in place for improving the lot of people, and we will implement a new human constitution which aids the enlightenment and free will of all men and women, not only big business and career politicians. We will gently replace the class-structure with one which sees the individual as sacred. I will need the help of all of you, because I do not know how to write a constitution, nor do I know how to run a country.

I personally think the guy is nuts.
But what about you, Pit monkeys?

Do we need a worldwide (or even nationwide) revolution?
Is a month of non-compliance the best way to start a revolution, if not, what is?
Is it possible to overturn the current authority and still function as a society?

Discuss.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Aug 17, 2010,
Someone watched V for Vendetta far too many times.

edit: count me in.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
i dont care, just dont get america involved
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I call divs on Hamleys!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm sure I could help by occupying Parliament House symbolically. My chips could symbolise liberty and freedom, and my eating them in my pants while watching clips of Top Gear on Youtube could symbolise taking them back from those in power.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Ya thats stupid. The guy who made this is probly a middle class white guy with no friends.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i dont care, just dont get america involved

hahah America's the one place that needs it most.. overthrowing our capitalist government and taking priority away from bug business sounds like one hell of a plan. wiiiiiiish i lived in london where you had less to bitch about so i could say this whole thing is dumb, but blehhh.
Quote by Boyfpyre
hahah America's the one place that needs it most.. overthrowing our capitalist government and taking priority away from bug business sounds like one hell of a plan. wiiiiiiish i lived in london where you had less to bitch about so i could say this whole thing is dumb, but blehhh.

Almost as dumb as you. Don't like it get the fuck out. Go now while you still know it all.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Dumb. Even if it was realistic it would take decades to build a support base big enough and organise this. Not 2 years.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
To geeman: I think this guy is just aware of the shit load of world we live in.

I think it's definitly a good idea to see the human as sacred, but I'm sorry it just won't happen. There is too many assholes on this planet.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Month of "non-compliance" = LOOTING!!!

"I's be gettin' me some malt licka!"
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Jackal58
Almost as dumb as you. Don't like it get the fuck out. Go now while you still know it all.

rofl, like an understanding of our BIASED government is a show of my intelligence..
and i would get out if all my life savings here was worth something in a different country, lol, so far though that's a no.
When I read the title I thought this thread was gonna be about a new addition to the F.E.A.R. series.

F.E.A.R.-R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.

woulda been so much cooler...
Just another middle aged man trying to find a spark in life either by getting into conspiracy theories or organizing pathetic crap. It's almost as pathetic as calling you and your friends a militia and thinking your all badass.
"Do we need a worldwide (or even nationwide) revolution?"

Am I the only one who noticed a small verbal inconcordance?
Quote by Boyfpyre

You think Londoners have less to bitch about?

Quote by Tim the Rocker
"Do we need a worldwide (or even nationwide) revolution?"

Am I the only one who noticed a small verbal inconcordance?

Yes. I don't even know what that word means. But please, if it's grammatically wrong feel free to correct it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Aug 17, 2010,
My guess is that a dozen people in london will miss a day of work, realize no one else did it, and go back.
Quote by OddOneOut
Yes. I don't even know what that word means. But please, if it's grammatically wrong feel free to correct it.

Nah, that is OK. Just do it twice and it wont be a mistake no longer...
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Nah, that is OK. Just do it twice and it wont be a mistake no longer...

It'll be jazz.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
It'll be jazz.

WtF?¿¿? I refered to the Jimi Hendrix thing, you know he once said, but JazZ?=?¿¿ ...

lol(ololol) now I get it.

Ah yewah
Quote by Boyfpyre

If you're going to go on some vague tirade against capitalism I wouldn't use the country which has gained possibly the most from it as an example of where needs it removed the most.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

Yep i totally dont see this being a terrorist ploy to get a bunch of peace-loving hippies into open spaces to blow them the **** up.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Zoot Allures
I think its a good idea.

Too bad you don't have a job to quit.......
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Boyfpyre

And the UK isn't a captitalistic government with big business? Move to China if you want your communist dream state.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
And the UK isn't a captitalistic government with big business? Move to China if you want your communist dream state.

Now, now. There's enough stupid coming from those in support of this without those opposed adding to the mess.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

Quote by leeb rocks
Now, now. There's enough stupid coming from those in support of this without those opposed adding to the mess.

How am I being stupid? If he's wanting to move somewhere away from capitalism and big business, it sure as hell isn't going to be the UK.
Quote by tayroar
How am I being stupid? If he's wanting to move somewhere away from capitalism and big business, it sure as hell isn't going to be the UK.

To suggest China however is just stupid. Hell, class divides are probably a lot firmer set there than in the US or the UK.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

I quite like my country No need for a revolution here.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by leeb rocks
To suggest China however is just stupid. Hell, class divides are probably a lot firmer set there than in the US or the UK.

It's the biggest country that is supposed to still be communist. I understand that they moved away from that a lot, but they still live under the same government Mao set up. It was kind of my point, I was kind of being ironic. I don't care, I don't really wish to prove my intelligence to someone over the internet that I'll never meet.
So much stupidity in this thread.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by tayroar
It's the biggest country that is supposed to still be communist. I understand that they moved away from that a lot, but they still live under the same government Mao set up. It was kind of my point, I was kind of being ironic. I don't care, I don't really wish to prove my intelligence to someone over the internet that I'll never meet.

Anyone with half a brain would know otherwise. Don't take it personally but It'd be nicer if you didn't throw that kind of stupid around.

EDIT: just read the claims on that page. Jesus this guy is beyond retarded.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

Last edited by leeb rocks at Aug 17, 2010,
Page 1 of 2