Hi, I'm working on a grindcore project at the minute, and obviously drums are a big part of that particular genre. Unfortunately, I don't have a drumkit, and I record at home, and I have no money (literally). So I've decided that I'll probably need to use a drum machine, but I can't seem to find a good free one, could anyone recommend me one?
^ He doesn't have a drumkit.

There are no good free drum machines. What you can do is find a sampler, scour the internet for decent samples (UltimateMetal.com should do you good) and use the samples in the sampler to the best of your abilities, EQing and manipulating velocity values as needed. I assume thats your best bet. I'd hope on KVRaudio.com to find a good sampler.

you could always you know...steal...
I mean..
Not to be the turd in the punch bowl, just sayin'.
good luck man...that genre is especially hard to use sample drums for. try addictive drums or ez drummer drumkit from hell. they're vst plugins. what daw are you using?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Thanks for the replies! So right now I'm having a look at sampling (although that seems to be a difficult way) and I really like the looks of ez drummer and drumkit from hell, so I might try and get one of those.

good luck man...that genre is especially hard to use sample drums for. try addictive drums or ez drummer drumkit from hell. they're vst plugins. what daw are you using?

What do you mean by daw?
Quote by Napalm Guzzler
Thanks for the replies! So right now I'm having a look at sampling (although that seems to be a difficult way) and I really like the looks of ez drummer and drumkit from hell, so I might try and get one of those.

What do you mean by daw?

Digital Audio Workstation, so do you use Reaper, Sonar, Pro Tools, etc. A DAW is what you use to record and edit your recordings in a very simplified summary.
I just use audacity most of the time, but I've been considering switching to reaper after hearing good things about it, would you recommend it?
Absolutely recommend reaper. From what i understand, Audacity doesn't multitrack or support vst (this may have changed or i'm wrong altogether).

anyway, if you're going to try drumkit from hell, you'll need something with VST support, which is one of many things that reaper offers
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
http://www.hydrogen-music.org/

This is a free drum machine made for Linux, but they've released an experimental version for Windows. I use this program's death metal kit, which you can find here. I think on Windows, you just toss it into the data>drumkits folder.
Sorcer - Symphonic Death Metal

Ibanez Iceman ICX220DX, Line 6 Spider III 150W, Roland E-09, Meinl Doumbek, Shure PG48, Rode NT1-A, Behringer Xenyx 502
Quote by Napalm Guzzler
I just use audacity most of the time, but I've been considering switching to reaper after hearing good things about it, would you recommend it?

Ez drummer is pretty easy to use with acid. Just find the sample then drag and drop right into the song select another and repeat.