So I'm trying to replace the SH-4 in the bridge of my RR5 with a SH-14, and am in need of a simple easy to follow wiring diagram. I checked the pickup faq and to be honest it didn't tell me anything other than what tools I need and some useful soldering tips.

Thanks.
Seymour Duncan.com. Any pickup configuration you need is available.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
If you're going from Seymour Duncan to Seymour Duncan, it's entirely possible to just take note of where the wires are going now, and solder them back to the same positions. Obviously this doesn't work if you're going from a 4-conductor to a single conductor, or vice versa, but otherwise, this should be the easiest route.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Thanks guys. So do I just simply cut the wires that are there right now? Does it matter where I cut?
To keep things neat, DON'T CUT THE WIRES. Desolder them and use a solder sucker or desoldering braid to remove the old solder. Putting down a fresh layer of solder couldn't hurt.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Reisgar42
Seymour Duncan.com. Any pickup configuration you need is available.

Unless you need to wire actives with a 3 way tele switch lol. Then you have to get creative.

Quote by DrNick
To keep things neat, DON'T CUT THE WIRES. Desolder them and use a solder sucker or desoldering braid to remove the old solder. Putting down a fresh layer of solder couldn't hurt.

Also, make sure you have a hot enough iron to desolder. You wont be able to melt the stuff that is there with a 25W. Most people recommend a 40W but i prefer the 120W because i am everything but patient. Just be careful and don't melt the wire wrap.
Last edited by colgo889 at Aug 17, 2010,
Thank you for the advice!

Also, while on the subject of pickup change, how hard is it to switch from passive -> active or active -> passive? It's not something out of my capability as a n00b learning to do this stuff right?