Why would another guitarist call you a "showoff" who has alot of speed and then

Page 1 of 2
Why would another guitarist call you a "showoff" who has alot of speed and little musical talent then badmouth you?
what's the deal with that?it's happened to me with one person online.I don't get why they have to be so freaking offensive when you did nothing to set them off except post your music.He said i was a showoff who had alot of speed,and then the other things he said were pretty offensive and just blatant and make me mad...
The site is YAHOO ANSWERS... i don't get why that site has so many a-holes
Intelligence bell curve.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Jealously and Stupidity are very popular in this world, especially on the internet. That's my explanation, and I say just ignore them, it's just about the only thing you really can do :-/
It's pretty easy to be an asshole over the internet. Some people enjoy it.
Quote by zylerxzw
Why would another guitarist call you a "showoff" who has alot of speed and little musical talent then badmouth you?
what's the deal with that?it's happened to me with one person online.I don't get why they have to be so freaking offensive when you did nothing to set them off except post your music.He said i was a showoff who had alot of speed,and then the other things he said were pretty offensive and just blatant and make me mad...
The site is YAHOO ANSWERS... i don't get why that site has so many a-holes

There's your answer right there.
**** the critics man, play how you like to and want to
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Just ignore it. He seems like a bitter little tool who's really more pissed off at himself, and therefore proceeds to take it out on people on the internet where he can act like a tough guy without having to stand up for himself.
Last edited by T.s.e at Aug 17, 2010,
Well did you pay a toll when you crossed over his bridge? If you don't it makes the internet trolls pretty angry....
1) Jealousy.
2) The average douche thinks it's cool to antagonize speed and "emotion".
3) The above, several thousand times. I absolutely hate that.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Speed is respectable, but it's only one layer of your playing.

To me if you play fast, and only play fast, you're sort of asking to be in direct competition with other people who play fast as to who plays the fastest.

Nothing wrong with a bit of sport...

Personally, though, I'm far more impressed at what is being played quickly as opposed to the shear speed of what is being played. Dimebag's stuff was interesting at 1/10th speed, let alone full speed.

There's, like, six layers of badass going on in every solo.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by TheBurningFish
Intelligence bell curve.

Do you mean a Maxwell Boltzmann Distribution Curve my good sir?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I learned a few years ago to just ignore those kinds of comments; generally they come from middle-aged fat guys who can shred up and down the neck but can't keep time or play a tasty rhythm, who're still depressed their speed metal band didn't take off and they're stuck at a deskjob, so take out their frustration by trying to drag everyone else down with them. Don't just filter out the bad, that's immature, but filter out the trolling.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Meh... Most guitarists who focus on speed and pretty generic and don't really have anything to show off cuz most people have seen it before. Hence why David Gilmour is such a great guitarist. But, it depends on the genre.
Being called a show-off is a compliment.

If you were bad at guitar, nobody would have called you a show off.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.
Quote by kalnoky7

?

My hero :')
hello
Yahoo answers asks more questions than it answers.

it made me question my existance.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Someone's butthurt.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by megan9987
Jealously and Stupidity are very popular in this world, especially on the internet. That's my explanation, and I say just ignore them, it's just about the only thing you really can do :-/

You mean envy. Jealousy relates specifically to someone taking your place ( i.e you become jealous when a guy talks to your girlfriend ). Envy is when someone has something that you want but can't have and it angers you ( i.e you have some weird anger and insensitivity towards rich people, so you're probably just envious of them because you want money too).

People all too often get it mixed up.

Also, TS be honest and admit the fact that you probably are a show off. If you weren't you wouldn't be so pissed. Maybe just a little bit. So is the guy who called you that a show off . I guess that's the territory you get into when trying to be the most technical or fast. Man up and take it and stop crying on a forum.
Last edited by Toniofalcon at Aug 17, 2010,
Quote by Toniofalcon
You mean envy. Jealousy relates specifically to someone taking your place ( i.e you become jealous when a guy talks to your girlfriend ). Envy is when someone has something that you want but can't have and it angers you ( i.e you have some weird anger and insensitivity towards rich people, so you're probably just envious of them because you want money too).

People all too often get it mixed up.

Shut up.
hello
Quote by opc100
Shut up.

Well, you're an asshole.
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Well, you're an asshole.

What he was saying, although technically right, was completely unneeded.
hello
Quote by opc100

well you could of told him that instead of posting "shut up".
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
well you could of told him that instead of posting "shut up".

I'm in a bad mood, I apologise.
hello
Quote by TheChaz
What about it? ))))))))))

Lol I'm just trying to show a guy who can't play that fast but is trying to shred as fast and play as many notes as he could and it turned out as that. Watch it
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350
Vietnamese Made - Duy Ngọc Acoustic Guitar

Soon my gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Quote by opc100
I'm in a bad mood, I apologise.

indeed
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by opc100
Wow, you're a dick

indeed
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by opc100

Unneeded but so what? We're not having a meeting at the UN. And I wasn't trying to be patronizing, it was just a little tidbit that actually I recently learned.
Page 1 of 2