Ok, so all I really know this is a Samick Strat copy, nothing special, but I have only found one guy with this guitar online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadsideguitars/3197635515/in/photostream/

My guitar is exactly like that except it's a cobalt blue (and has some noticeable wear and tear). I've had it for almost 2 years now. Honestly not that bad of a guitar (and I obtained it for free when it was in horrible condition).

What I want to know is does it have a specific model name or anything? Like could I find a page for it? I don't think I want to try to sell this, but I am curious on reading some background info. Thanks!
I am a Stephenist
soory but it's just a starter pack guitar. probably made of basswood and is a dirt cheap guitar. nobody is going to do a page devoted to smething like that. if you like it great but don't count on finding any meaningful info.
I don't believe that model is made anymore. Samick hired Greg Bennett to come in and revamp their entire product line, and by all accounts he improved the sound and quality significantly. What used to be known as a simple Strat copy is now called the Malibu. The Malibu MB1, as currently produced, is probably the closest thing to your guitar. The biggest difference is that they went to a 3+3 headstock, which is an improvement in my book. Not traditional maybe, but I hate the 6 in-line tuner system. Here's a link to the Malibu off the Samick web site:

http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/mb1.html

Maybe this will get you started anyway...

-Dawg
Quote by monwobobbo
soory but it's just a starter pack guitar. probably made of basswood and is a dirt cheap guitar. nobody is going to do a page devoted to smething like that. if you like it great but don't count on finding any meaningful info.

Well obviously, but I was just curious if there was like any official documentation of it out there. Just out of curiosity.
I am a Stephenist
Quote by VeloDog
I don't believe that model is made anymore. Samick hired Greg Bennett to come in and revamp their entire product line, and by all accounts he improved the sound and quality significantly. What used to be known as a simple Strat copy is now called the Malibu. The Malibu MB1, as currently produced, is probably the closest thing to your guitar. The biggest difference is that they went to a 3+3 headstock, which is an improvement in my book. Not traditional maybe, but I hate the 6 in-line tuner system. Here's a link to the Malibu off the Samick web site:

http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/mb1.html

Maybe this will get you started anyway...

-Dawg

Ok thank you for the help!
I am a Stephenist
Quote by VeloDog
The biggest difference is that they went to a 3+3 headstock, which is an improvement in my book.

Yuck, definitely not.
The current Samick headstock is super-ugly on it's own, and even more-so on a Strat-style body.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Reminds me of my Samick Jazzmaster, which is also a fine guitar. The body on mine is ash. The stock P90s are as good as any I've ever heard. There's nothing crappy about it other than it doesn't say Fender or Gibson or whatever.

Quote by 5150rando
Well obviously, but I was just curious if there was like any official documentation of it out there. Just out of curiosity.

not trying to be offensive . figured you'd have already have checked the samick site. what i was getting at is that starter pack guitars rarely have specs given past the obvious. the companies usually don't mention that it's plywood and has crap electronics they just want to push the "hey you to can be a guitar hero" thing. once again if you like the guitar that is all tht really counts. often cheapie guitars play ok and sound acceptable for practice. i usually have one laying around as a beater guitar.