Alright, I'd like to get a stand up bass, however, Musicians friend has them priced in 4 digits, and I'm looking for something more affordable. Anyone know of any places to look? I've checked pawn shops and haven't seen anything there, and not much on Ebay either, so suggestions are appreciated!!!

PS: Budget is 500-600ish.
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
My local Craigslist usually has some for pretty cheap, however from what I have heard it tends to be better to rent a nice one to see if you like playing instead of buying a cheapo. Again, I don't have any experience on the subject, this is just from reading through forums.
Quote by zeroncali
My local Craigslist usually has some for pretty cheap, however from what I have heard it tends to be better to rent a nice one to see if you like playing instead of buying a cheapo. Again, I don't have any experience on the subject, this is just from reading through forums.

yeah, it would be better to try one out first.

Thanks!!

(\__/)
I'll just assume you don't live in Europe?
Else I could probably point you in the right direction
I bought my hand carved Ji upright on a rent to buy. Its a great bass, but I had to put in a bit of cash afterwards, since the bridge needed to be replaced along with the sound post.
However, because it was a rental, I got a killer deal on it and a payment plan (with the cost of the rental towards the asking price).

There are good deals on Craigs list but you have to avoid bad deals and low end basses. Always try before you buy and take someone along who knows what to look for in sound and construction. Avoid Cremonas like the plague. They are cheap for a good reason.
most orchestra/band instruments DO NOT come cheep. craigslist and ebay will have the lowest price.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I've seen some electric uprights for under $1000 USD, but I can't remember where. I think they were Staggs.
good EUBs are usually more expensive than uprights. and they're not even close to the same thing.

i got an amazing deal on craigslist for $800. had to drive to cincinnati for it. make sure to check the craigslist of any areas within 3 hours of you.

you're going to have to spend about $1000 for something good. anything in your $500-$600 price range will literally be so bad that you won't want to/won't be able to play.
#DTWD
Unless you want to play some Chinese-made, plywood shit-fest of a bass. Look to shell out some cash to own one.

I rented one for my first 2 years of playing before I was sure I wanted to spend the money to get one myself.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Thank you everyone!!!

(\__/)