so i'm trying to do a solo (rock you like a hurricane to be specific) and there are some parts with natural harmonics. When i play they dont sound right at all and i thought natural harmonics could only be on certain frets. they sound like a click and a really high pitched screech that lasts for a short time. I see other people do it and it sounds right.. youre supposed to pick and have your fretting hand barely touching the string for natural harmonics right?

also what does 15br(15)p13 mean in a tab?
Quote by Ratraisin
Do you really kill hobos? Man, that's some bad karma...

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
it means on the 15th fret, bend then release the bend and then pull off onto the 13th fret.
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
oh ok lol im stupid
Quote by Ratraisin

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
You sure that's not an artificial harmonic? What you described, specifically the high pitched screech, sounds more like an artificial.
Also that means to bend the string at the 15th fret, then release the bend, and then pull off to the 13th fret. At least I'm pretty sure.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Just for future reference, TS: pinch harmonic = artificial harmonic.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
alright i'll try it with artificials then :\
Quote by Ratraisin

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
A natural harmonic is what you first described. What the tab means is a pinch harmonic. To do that, you choke up slightly on your pick so that the side of your thumb grazes the string. Make sure you're "pinching" it at the right spot. There's several spots to get a squeal sound. If you hit the wrong one, it won't sound right.
ok the pinch harmonics kind of work i guess.. lol maybe i should get an actually decent guitar first..
Quote by Ratraisin

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
Quote by hobo slayr
ok the pinch harmonics kind of work i guess.. lol maybe i should get an actually decent guitar first..

probably a bit helpful.

i know on my crap-o-caster, i get like NO harmonics, but on my ibanez, i get all sorts of squeals.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII