What tube amp would you recemend for around $250 or less. It will be played for practice and with a drummer. Also i mostly play metal. Im open to just about anything because im upgrading from a 15w line6.
250 wont get you to much, you couls save and get a behringer v-tone gmx212, or fender frontman 2x12.. theyre not tube but in your price range.
the new 5 watt fender champs are all tube and are loud enough to be played with a drummer.
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
Quote by jimihendrix6699
save. more. money.

this
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Your not gonna be able to get much tube for $250 bro. Pretty much the only thing in that range are 5W studio amps, which aren't gonna be able to keep up with a drummer. I recommend you get a job, save up a couple hundred bucks, and then buy an amp. A Peavey Vavleking is pretty much entry level for tube amps, and the 50W of that is like $450. You only need like 30 tube watts (tube amps are louder than solid state) to keep up with a drummer, but most 30W amps are more expensive. If you absolutely HAVE to have an amp right now, and you can't save up more money, your gonna have to go with a Solid State bro.
save till 500 and get a second hand Fender Blues Jr or An Orange Tiny Terror combo amp.

Both 15 watts, both reliable.
Quote by Grassyknolls
250 wont get you to much, you couls save and get a behringer v-tone gmx212, or fender frontman 2x12.. theyre not tube but in your price range.

He'd be better off taking his 250 bucks and shitting on it.

TS, save more monehz, at 250, you won't get anything decent, unless you're looking at a 5-15 watt combo.

Unless you go used, you won't find anything much, just to clarify. Vox VT series is pretty decent, the Peavey Classic 30, Peavey VK (with a speaker swap), Fender Super Champ... All some okay options after saving more cash.

But I stand by waiting until you have 350 - then get perhaps the Peavey C30 or a JCA 2112. Actually, I see the JCA combos run at about 260 used, so you could check those out.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
He'd be better off taking his 250 bucks and shitting on it.

You just made my day!!!

TS: Save your money. With a budget of $200 more, your options will drastically improve.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by clevelandcavs22
What tube amp would you recemend for around $250 or less. It will be played for practice and with a drummer. Also i mostly play metal. Im open to just about anything because im upgrading from a 15w line6.

Did anyone see that part lol? Don't go suggesting 5 watt tubes amps lol.

If you can save up to about 500 then you can find something decent used. But with 250, ain't gonna get a high gain tube amp man sorry.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Buy a used Tech 21 Trademark 30 solid state amp. No modeling BS, sounds great, and really loud. Behringer makes a knockoff that you can get for under $200 new, but it has a reputation for crapping out at random.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep

You just made my day!!!

TS: Save your money. With a budget of $200 more, your options will drastically improve.

I aim to please

and I didn't see that TS plays metal... Yeah, I'd definitely save more at that point. A JCA 2112 would get the job done with a boost. A Peavek VK with a V30 or something close to it would also be a great idea. If you take that route however, you'll certainly want to look at CL.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.