My band has been doing some heavier stuff lately and my 30w Orange Rocker just wasn't cutting it anymore. (Please don't take that as a criticism of the amp - it's amazing and I want another one soon). I needed something with a huge bottom end, that can hit crystal cleans at gig volumes, with tons of versatility and tons of gain.

So I swapped my head to a guy in town for a Triple Rectifier 3 channel. I know these aren't very popular. I can see why people don't like them. You really have to sit and mess with the knobs (and READ THE MANUAL) to understand how everything works and find what sounds good. Some modes on some channels just don't work very well at certain settings. I'm still trying to figure all of this stuff out. If I end up not really liking the head I guess I can sell it for more than my Rocker 30 was worth anyway. But I think I'll keep it for a while.

Now, I posted here yesterday asking if I can safely run a 150 watt head through a 120 watt Orange cab. Most people said yes. I believed them, but I decided to get something with higher wattage anyway. Might as well be able to open up that 150 watts whenever I want, right? (Like when I play Madison Square Garden?).
Every cab I've ever owned has had V30s in it so I decided to try something different. I got offered a straight across trade. A road worn Marshall 1960 Lead with 75 watt Celestions. I won't be able to totally judge the cab until I play a show with it (Friday) but I think V30s may be a better fit for the amp. So far it sounds pretty good though. And it looks bad ass. Nothing looks cooler than a beat up Marshall. Value-wise, I may have lost a bit on this trade, but whatever.

Pics:

HNAD man! Looks beast. Just to make sure, did you open up the cabinet to check the speakers? That was my first mistake of buying used.

The guy said my line6 cab had v30's in it, then i opened it up and found cheap speakers.

Anyway, I'm getting an avatar 2x12" tomorrow, so look for a NAD possibly from me
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
HNAD man! Looks beast. Just to make sure, did you open up the cabinet to check the speakers? That was my first mistake of buying used.

The guy said my line6 cab had v30's in it, then i opened it up and found cheap speakers.

Anyway, I'm getting an avatar 2x12" tomorrow, so look for a NAD possibly from me

Yep! It checked out fine. Congrats on the Avatar. I thought about just buying one of those, too. Keep us posted!
NICE!

I like how its glass instead of the metaly thing. Bet the tubes glowing look nice

EDIT
P.S any idea how easy of a fix the glass thing is? I would love to do it to mine.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Last edited by Aashraya at Aug 17, 2010,
Quote by drewfromutah
Yep! It checked out fine. Congrats on the Avatar. I thought about just buying one of those, too. Keep us posted!

For sure, I'll let you know. I plan on opening it up this weekend (maybe sooner, just started school) and tightening the speakers to the baffle then sealing the inside corners with silicone caulk.

Apparently it really helps your tone.

Avatar was having a 2x12" special, and i got one of the last ones.. It was $80 off, so i figured it would be the cheapest new 2x12" with v30's i could get.

I also have yet to do a review on my used 5150II (because i got it with a shitty cabinet) however now the tubes are starting to die >.<

Oh, btw, i like it that your tri-rec doesn't have the metal plating, I've always been a fan of visible tubes, lol.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by Aashraya
NICE!

I like how its glass instead of the metaly thing. Bet the tubes glowing look nice

EDIT
P.S any idea how easy of a fix the glass thing is? I would love to do it to mine.

The glass on mine was put on very poorly. I'd venture to guess the guy spent about an hour on the whole job. Measure, cut, drill. From 3 or 4 feet away it looks good but when you get up close you can see the poor cutting job. I'd say with the right materials you could do it very easily.
Looks tops mate. HNAD
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by drewfromutah
The glass on mine was put on very poorly. I'd venture to guess the guy spent about an hour on the whole job. Measure, cut, drill. From 3 or 4 feet away it looks good but when you get up close you can see the poor cutting job. I'd say with the right materials you could do it very easily.

awesome! Thanks man!

Again HNacD
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Top notch man. I love beat up looking cabs far more for some reason..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Awesome cab and that glass on the Recto is classy as hell.

...I do have to say that what's peaking out from under your neck scares me. A lot.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Quote by walruscore
Awesome cab and that glass on the Recto is classy as hell.

...I do have to say that what's peaking out from under your neck scares me. A lot.

Thanks my friend!

Nice job noticing the pedobear.
Looks great. Love the glass on the front even though you say its not great.

HNAandCD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by DakoRob

You'll be really happy with that Avatar.

TS That looks pretty damn sexy.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Hnacd!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.