We have been likened to a mix of Morbid Angel, Cattle Decapitation, Dying Fetus, and Carcass. Listen to our stuff at the Scalpel Official Myspace. Though I just joined a few months ago (replacing former vocalist Greg Smith, who is on the myspace recordings), the band has been around for a little under 2 years, and has played with Nile, Behemoth, Suffocation, Decrepit Birth, Origin, Necrophagist, Immolation, DevilDriver, and many more.

We just recently finished a 2 week tour with NY Black Metallers Mythology, and here is a brief review of our Porland, Maine show:

Aaaand here is a video of our Maine show. Better clips of more songs coming soon!

Let me know what you guys think We have a full length in the works, should be out late Summer 2011!
Maggy is gay so we can't insult him because he pulls that whole "rights" bullshit on us.

Ron is big and scary.
He's a jazz elitist. He's also in the wrong forum, so I just assume he has dementia and feel bad, so I allow him to post here.

Insideac is probably more talented than most of us, so he should be allowed here.
Also:

'Nile, Behemoth, Suffocation, Decrepit Birth, Origin, Necrophagist, Immolation, DevilDriver'

Holy crap.
He knows I'm yankin' his chain.

I actually listened to Common Threads like..3 times now, at first, I was like, "This EP must apply to the forum, I mean, we have hundreds of Metallica threads"

and it was decent, those leads were so absolutely positively tasty. Although, I prefer Alonso on vokills.
Didn't you guys have a spot playing the second stage at the Palladium at the Overkill gig a couple months ago? I remember somebody running around the main stage area yelling at everyone to go watch Scalpel, I think it was.

I'll give it a listen, I'm not brutal death anymore but I like to sample the local metullz every so often.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Yeah dude that was us!! I wasn't in the band at the time haha but yup! What part of MA do you live in? We have a show this thursday in Allston if you wanna come
dope shit for sure
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by insideac
Yeah dude that was us!! I wasn't in the band at the time haha but yup! What part of MA do you live in? We have a show this thursday in Allston if you wanna come

Right outside Worcester. If it wasn't this week I'd consider it but I don't have my car at the moment.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Good to see some massholes keepin the brootal shit alive
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Steve08
That was awesome, I just emailed your myspace link to MetalSucks because you guys are pretty much the only band from around here that I can actually enjoy.

Thanks guys! Haha we are currently working on a press kit, so any press we get would be amazing. If anyone is interested in reviewing our EP for Metal Archives, send me a PM!
I asked Sev to do it and gave him the ep since they denied mine, I dunno if he ever got around to it though.

Sumdeus
Quote by The Frayed Ends
Right outside Worcester. If it wasn't this week I'd consider it but I don't have my car at the moment.

Are they still doing metal nights at Ralph's?
Quote by romencer17
I asked Sev to do it and gave him the ep since they denied mine, I dunno if he ever got around to it though.

Working on it. But, I have had next to no time.
Quote by Thrashasaurus
Are they still doing metal nights at Ralph's?

Yeah they are still doing Metal Thursdays, im actually there each week because I set up my band graphics area there, do you ever go?
dude, I appreciate this
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by insideac
Yeah they are still doing Metal Thursdays, im actually there each week because I set up my band graphics area there, do you ever go?

No, I moved to Florida a couple years ago. I grew up in Leominster, but I spent many a wasted night at Ralph's.

My family still lives there, so I'll probably come check it out next time I'm up for a visit.
awwww, does this mean that its going to be another 45 months till the new MS is up? I was so pumped for that...
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Quote by Thrashasaurus
No, I moved to Florida a couple years ago. I grew up in Leominster, but I spent many a wasted night at Ralph's.

My family still lives there, so I'll probably come check it out next time I'm up for a visit.

I live literally a two minute walk from Leominster.
Quote by guitgrinder
No problem dudes. As for how, there's a live podcast at www.metalinjection.net every Wednesday and you can just chill in the chat for two hours and listen to the hosts talk about random stuff or call in to talk to them, but they were playing a game where you show them a local/unsigned band and they judge whether they like it or not (it was a 5/6 in this case). You guys are the only band from around here that I actually enjoy so I figured it'd be good to help out a bit
Hitting the studio next Saturday to record their debut full-length. Should be dope ass shit.

Sumdeus
MA needs more legitimate metal bands, srsly, most of the bands around here kind of spill into the RI scene and it's all mediocore.

But yeah, Scalpel is boss, hopefully I'll get to play a show with you broz someday
awesome stuff!

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow