Page 1 of 2
Hey guys.. Long time no see since I have posted here.. Most of you probably remember me by this picture:
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab111/ryantombasco/Guitar%20Rig%20And%20Studio/HPIM2300.jpg

Many of you had busted my balls about getting a Marshall in my set-up.. So I took your advice and landed myself a 100W Marshall JCM800...... For $250.00! Also picked up a 2x12 and 4x12 JCM800 cab for $50.00.

While I was at it, the guy who I had purchased this equipment from had an old Fender 140 Tube Head.. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this head.. It's a single year production head.. 1980 was the only year they were made.. It was the last amp Rivera designed for Fender before he had went off to form his own company. It's a 130W head.. Reverb.. Tube config.: Pre-amp: (1) 12 AT7 ; (3) 12AX7 ; (1) 7025 --- Power: (4) 6L6.. Bottom line: I spent $125.00 for that and another 2x12 cab.

I hit the mother load today! Going to clean up the JCM800 Head and 2x12 cab and fit it into my studio tomorrow for some pictures.. The 4x12 will need some work, but that will eventually make it into the studio.. As will the Fender 140 and the other 2x12 cab.. Pictures will be posted here tomorrow for your personal enjoyment!
The problems not the no-marshall, it's the Behirenger V-Amp.

Nether the less, HNGD.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
OMFG! Tell me where you got these deals!?!!??!

AND PICS NOW!
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Wow. How did you manage 300 bucks for a JCM half stack? Thats great. I see used MG half stacks going for that

HNAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by NosralTserrof
The problems not the no-marshall, it's the Behirenger V-Amp.

Nether the less, HNGD.

Don't worry, It's only there for pretty lights. XD

And if you can give me about 20 minutes, I will post pictures right now.. As is.. Fair warning though, the tolex was stripped of the marshall 4x12 and they painted it..... orange. Ugh.. Gotta restore that. Everything will be pretty dusty.
"100W Marshall JCM800...... For $250.00! Also picked up a 2x12 and 4x12 JCM800 cab for $50.00."

What is this I don't even
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

But seriously, we get gear pics crazier than that daily from Gumby and MC. And AM, whenever his ban is up.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by ryantombasco
Don't worry, It's only there for pretty lights. XD

And if you can give me about 20 minutes, I will post pictures right now.. As is.. Fair warning though, the tolex was stripped of the marshall 4x12 and they painted it..... orange. Ugh.. Gotta restore that. Everything will be pretty dusty.

Was it the faux Orange style cab with fake logos and all?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ryantombasco
Craigslist+Bad Economy

jesus people must be ****ed over their. Everything over here is normal. Best deal i've seen so far is a Mesa triple rec and 1960 cab for 1200 and 5150+1960 cab for 700 or 800$. Which is nothing compared to what you got.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Quote by mmolteratx
Was it the faux Orange style cab with fake logos and all?

Noo, It's a Marshall cab that the tolex stripped. The guy painted it orange.. Or rather, his kid did because he wanted it to look like an orange. The guy had the documentation for everything.
And..... Here are your pictures.. Sorry about the dust and whatnot.. Tomorrow is amp cleaning day.

Marshall JCM800 100W head and 2x12 cab with missing logo.

Fender 140 Tube Head.. No name 2x12 cabinet.

The killed Marshall cab that I will need to restore.

NICE! The orange Marshall doesn't look that bad.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Awesome man.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
I do agree, I kind of like it orange.. But all-in-all, it is a classic piece.. And I would like to restore it to its factory condition.
Quote by ryantombasco
I do agree, I kind of like it orange.. But all-in-all, it is a classic piece.. And I would like to restore it to its factory condition.

yea i see your point.

I would just be too lazy to restore it. Haha, I'd just convince myself that its a special vintage orange Cab.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
yea i see your point.

I would just be too lazy to restore it. Haha, I'd just convince myself that its a special vintage orange Cab.

Haha, if it was tolex or vinyl orange, I'd probably just keep it as is.. But..... Someone just went ahead and painted it by hand.
Quote by ryantombasco
Haha, if it was tolex or vinyl orange, I'd probably just keep it as is.. But..... Someone just went ahead and painted it by hand.

oh lol. I thought it was tolex. Wait the paint is over the wood?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by ryantombasco
Yeah. It's going to be a chore.

oh man that sucks! Well atleast it will look awesome once its done!
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
oh man that sucks! Well atleast it will look awesome once its done!

The tolex will end up covering the paint up anyway, but I'm going to try and sand as much of it off as I can. Then I need to get the time correct Marshall logo for that 2x12 cabinet. I'm putting the guitar rig part of my studio back together tomorrow and cleaning up that 2x12 and Marshall head.. So that stuff will be added on a thread tomorrow. It's nice to finally own a Marshall though. Never had one before today.. And I never really wanted one either since I don't care much for the newer ones.. And I never found an old one at a price like this.
Come to think of it.. I never wanted a Fender either.. I still don't.. But just the history of the Fender 140 I got is enough for me to keep it. After pricing some.. Without the stock 4x12 cab that usually came with them.. They're selling for the $1000.00 range. So if it wasn't for the history of the amp.. And the uniqueness, I would be selling it, lol.
Quote by ryantombasco
The tolex will end up covering the paint up anyway, but I'm going to try and sand as much of it off as I can. Then I need to get the time correct Marshall logo for that 2x12 cabinet. I'm putting the guitar rig part of my studio back together tomorrow and cleaning up that 2x12 and Marshall head.. So that stuff will be added on a thread tomorrow. It's nice to finally own a Marshall though. Never had one before today.. And I never really wanted one either since I don't care much for the newer ones.. And I never found an old one at a price like this.

at a price like that you can be a Marshall hater and still buy it.

But man you got a lot of work huh? How is the Marshall compared to your Mesas?

Quote by ryantombasco
Come to think of it.. I never wanted a Fender either.. I still don't.. But just the history of the Fender 140 I got is enough for me to keep it. After pricing some.. Without the stock 4x12 cab that usually came with them.. They're selling for the $1000.00 range. So if it wasn't for the history of the amp.. And the uniqueness, I would be selling it, lol.

jesus man... if only i could get a Rec for 250$ i would buy a whole new amp for cleans. Or hell it would help me save up for pedals and guitars.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at Aug 18, 2010,
Hey RT!

Man it has been a while since you posted. And I thought that Rivera co-designed the "Super" series amps with Fender too? At least that's what the research told me....

Might be wrong.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The Marshall Vs. Mesa debate. :p

The JCM800 has a very British tone to it.. Which would make it great for that So Cal rock sound. You can really push it though to get an awesome heavy rock sound. The little I have messes around with it so far, it seems to be just as versatile as my Triple Rec.

The Mesa Triple Rec. has a high gain Nu Metal tone. Though I know from personal experience that it can be used from Jazz to Black Metal. I've done it. It's a more versatile amp than a lot of people would think or give it credit for. You really gotta play with the knobs to get it to sound good.

Some people prefer the sound the Mesa puts out compared to the Marshall. And vise versa. I side by sided them using a really clean, metal, and rock sound. I liked the Marshall better for cleans.. The Mesa better for Metal.. And just to be honest, I couldn't pick which one I liked better for straight up rock.

So my bottom line is that it comes down to personal preference.
Quote by stratman_13
Hey RT!

Man it has been a while since you posted. And I thought that Rivera co-designed the "Super" series amps with Fender too? At least that's what the research told me....

Might be wrong.

My mistake.. Did I say last amp he designed with Fender? I meant first. XD
Quote by ryantombasco
The Marshall Vs. Mesa debate. :p

The JCM800 has a very British tone to it.. Which would make it great for that So Cal rock sound. You can really push it though to get an awesome heavy rock sound. The little I have messes around with it so far, it seems to be just as versatile as my Triple Rec.

The Mesa Triple Rec. has a high gain Nu Metal tone. Though I know from personal experience that it can be used from Jazz to Black Metal. I've done it. It's a more versatile amp than a lot of people would think or give it credit for. You really gotta play with the knobs to get it to sound good.

Some people prefer the sound the Mesa puts out compared to the Marshall. And vise versa. I side by sided them using a really clean, metal, and rock sound. I liked the Marshall better for cleans.. The Mesa better for Metal.. And just to be honest, I couldn't pick which one I liked better for straight up rock.

So my bottom line is that it comes down to personal preference.

Ah, okay. Yea i mean i played with a Marshal JCM900 High gain dual reverb and some of the knobs felt very weak. It didnt feel sturdy but the Mesa built wise felt great! I also thought the 900 couldn't do metal to well (by it self). Clean wise i cant decide. I havent spend enough time with each one. I guess they are good for what they are made for and In the end its all preference.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Ha no problem. How's that 800 sound? I've been GASing for one for ages. But none show on my Craigslist. I guess VA doesn't like Marshall .
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Yea, you got it there. They are both great amps though! Random trivia time.. No googleing the answer! Anyone know what "JCM800" actually means?
Quote by ryantombasco
Yea, you got it there. They are both great amps though! Random trivia time.. No googleing the answer! Anyone know what "JCM800" actually means?

Jim C Marshall 1980s? hahah
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by stratman_13
Ha no problem. How's that 800 sound? I've been GASing for one for ages. But none show on my Craigslist. I guess VA doesn't like Marshall .

Love the sound of it.. I only played through it for about an hour and the tone is tremendous.
Quote by Aashraya
Jim C Marshall 1980s? hahah

Jim C. Marshall is correct.. Just looking for what the "800" in "JCM800" means now. So you're 1/2 right.
Quote by ryantombasco
Jim C. Marshall is correct.. Just looking for what the "800" in "JCM800" means now. So you're 1/2 right.

ehh i cant figure it out lol. He planned on making 800 of them?

This feels like a game show...

P.S i really know nothing about Marshall so i give up!
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Jim C. Marshall.. The 800 was on the license plate of his car as they were beginning to be produced. XD -Sorry, I just found that to be a really interesting tid-bit of information. I felt the need to pass it on.
Quote by ryantombasco
Jim C. Marshall.. The 800 was on the license plate of his car as they were beginning to be produced. XD -Sorry, I just found that to be a really interesting tid-bit of information. I felt the need to pass it on.

haha that was fun :P.

lol i got the most obvious part right.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Haha, well.. I learned that tonight while I was looking for some information on the 100W JCM800's. I happened to find a copy of an old magazine article that had that in it. =p
Quote by ryantombasco
Haha, well.. I learned that tonight while I was looking for some information on the 100W JCM800's. I happened to find a copy of an old magazine article that had that in it. =p

ah cool.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Page 1 of 2