So I'm going through a huge Pantera phase right now (I assume 98% of people on UG do the same at some point...)
anyways, I want to change my guitars to Pantera tuning. I found online that the approx (possibly definate?) pitch is 347hz for his E tunings and 445hz for his C# tunings.
Right now, I have guitars in standard and one string-thru in D/drop C as well as a guitar with a floyd in D

If i want to change them all to Pantera tuning, do I need to change intonation to match? and will the frequencies match?

also, for the guitar with Floyd, do the springs need to be tightened for this? and intonated?
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
well normally the tunings are 25 cents (or a 1\4 step) flat\shartp but songs that are in C# are exactly in c sharp Walk was in Drop D 25 cents flat but Cowboys from hell was in Standard E 25 cents Sharp. with the Floyd Rose i would tune it into D with the tuning pegs all the way out because theres about a step between all the way out and all the way in that saves on the string spring adjustment (well a little anyway) thats what i would do
sorry if i confused you
ok I'll try it in the morning. I'm too exhausted to try it tonight and be able to think straight. thanks for the info. Ill report back in the morning
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.