Page 1 of 2
...for a Paul McCartney concert (f*** yes, but that's besides the point...).Anywho, this hotel shuttle is taking my family and I to a movie theatre, cuz the concert is not until Thursday.
Then the driver points to these two guys on the streets of a seedy neighborhood. They exchange money and a packet. The driver informs us this is a drug deal. It was blatant, given the time of day and the nonchalance (i think thats how you spell it) of the participants.

I'm not from Pittsburgh, but rather from Baltimore, which has one of the highest murder rates in the country.

TL;DR: Saw drug deal, live in city with high murder rate. Is your home town a crime-ridden hellhole?

For reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
I read the rules of the drug thread, and this does not belong there. I hope...
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.

Last edited by treepoop at Aug 17, 2010,
I live in a nice little suburb in California. Little would you know that the asian gangs are growing pot in some of the houses around here.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Depends where you are I think, I'm not completely positive on that though, cause I'm from the suburbs. But I really don't hear much about murders and shit over drug deals.
Well, I officially am from the suburbs. But they're the suburbs of Baltimore, so...
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.

Memphis, TN I think it's the murder capital of the US. It used to be the crystal meth production capital a couple years back as well.

Pittsburgh is not really that much of a hellhole. My friend who lives downtown has only been mugged twice and only one of those times was at gunpoint. Plus the bums tell great jokes and for an extra quarter they'll tell you a joke thats dirty.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
I'm from Pittsburgh (not the suburbs, actually the city) which hotel were you at?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by treepoop
Well, I officially am from the suburbs. But they're the suburbs of Baltimore, so...

That matters a lot. Technically I'm in a suburb of LA, but in my town hardly anyone ever gets murdered. The Hillside Strangler came through here, and a pro baseball player had a fatal car accident, but that's all I can think of.

Oh, and I think I saw a drug deal at Mickey D's. Some pimped out Escalade pulled up to another car, they exchanged something I couldn't see, then drove off real quick.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Aug 17, 2010,
Lol, Pittsburgh
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Yup. Every now and then you'd hear about something that involves the gangs around here. Not really murders often but someone getting jumped or robbed. Also I know a few pot dealers and heard of various meth houses around the neighborhood. Technically though I'm the suburb-ish area of town.
Quote by rgrockr
That matters a lot. Technically I'm in a suburb of LA, but in my town hardly anyone ever gets murdered. The Hillside Strangler came through here, and a pro baseball player had a fatal car accident, but that's all I can think of.

Oh, and I think I saw a drug deal at Mickey D's. Some pimped out Escalade pulled up to another car, they exchanged something I couldn't see, then drove off real quick.

A Big Mac?
Quote by sharpshootr55
I'm from Pittsburgh (not the suburbs, actually the city) which hotel were you at?

I was hoping you would be on, lol. Cause you might know more than me about the city.

And I have to imagine a hotel by the Consol Energy Center, which is where the concert is at.
fairbanks ak... crime's a joke here. aside from every person that lives here smoking pot, that is
not really, my city is pretty small it's in New Brunswick canada but it has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy's in the prov. and a lot of drug trafficking
I live in a gated community but the city of Salinas which is near to where I live is full of bad things and has a higher rate of murder than the city of San Jose! People have gotten shot including the elderly and children. The youngest person I think that died this year was six years old. Thanks to gangs people are fearful and can't even go out in peace. Glad I live far from that city but I have to go there every once in awhile. If you want you could look it up under Salinas CA. or check Montery County. Also the King City area has had a lot of homicides this year.
Last edited by Andrea55 at Aug 17, 2010,
Edit: NVM, but I don't think Pittsburgh is that bad of a town.

Edit2: Actually I was close with my first retarded statement, which was actually not retarded. Philly is 7th in Total Violent Crime, again, being from Pittsburgh I have to laugh at that
Last edited by eltyr18 at Aug 17, 2010,
I've never heard of a murder nearby. In fact, I've only heard of a few incidents of theft ever in my neighborhood. There is a decent demand for marijuana though, so there are a very small amount of drug dealers nearby. Never even seen a police car nearby actually.

EDIT: Actually my brother once accidentally dialed 911, so the police came . But not other than that.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
I go to school in Pittsburgh and it's not that bad. Any big city is liable to have some sketchy areas, and comparatively Pittsburgh is actually quite safe and non-seedy.
pittsburgh's not that bad, pretty much as long as youre not walking around the hill district (which is most likely where you saw the deal go down) alone at night, its pretty harmless. baltimore i know is way worse, as well as some of the surrounding counties can have some really bad places ( i used to live in moco)

EDIT: theres alot of pittsburgh people in here haha, how have we not had a meetup?
NOPE
I''m near Lowell, Mass so a lot of shit goes down a few miles from me but I'm in a crimeless area.

And from what I know, Gary, Indiana is supposed to be the shittiest in the country.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Nakon14
pittsburgh's not that bad, pretty much as long as youre not walking around the hill district (which is most likely where you saw the deal go down) alone at night, its pretty harmless. baltimore i know is way worse, as well as some of the surrounding counties can have some really bad places ( i used to live in moco)

EDIT: theres alot of pittsburgh people in here haha, how have we not had a meetup?

Or Arlington Heights. Or what used to be St. Clair Village. Or parts of Mt. Oliver. Or some of the more shady areas of the Slopes. Or Beltzhoover and Knoxville. Or parts of Mt. Washington. To name a few.
Last edited by sharpshootr55 at Aug 18, 2010,
hahaha well put, granted ive only been in the city a year for school i havent completely explored the city but im aware of some of those sketch-fests. i was just thinking in relevance to the TS's assumed location
NOPE
I live in a county that sees over half of the drugs and weapons used by the Mexican cartels. I was staying in a city near me and there was a drive-by two houses down while I was there. I can throw a rock and hit a drug dealer's house from my house, and I live in one of the nicest towns in the county.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Nakon14
hahaha well put, granted ive only been in the city a year for school i havent completely explored the city but im aware of some of those sketch-fests. i was just thinking in relevance to the TS's assumed location

Ah ok, yeah all those places are pretty much within ten minutes of where I live, I'm from Carrick if you happen to know where that is. What school are you attending?
ive heard the name, but i dont know where it is yet. ive been bus-bound due to lack of a car. and i go to Pitt, which i believe is where R U Experienced is going as well?
NOPE
Cleveland bro, #1 in forcible rape, and robbery!

Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Quote by Nakon14
ive heard the name, but i dont know where it is yet. ive been bus-bound due to lack of a car. and i go to Pitt, which i believe is where R U Experienced is going as well?

You bet your ass, honey.
You're obviously going to get crime in big cities or moderately big cities. Not too much crime here in Ottawa, I mean it's easy to spot something going on like a drug deal or something when you're downtown or in the west-end. But that's why people who live downtown and in the west-end are usually weird and retarded. Yeah....
The big thing in Canada are the summits. It's like omg la revolucion!!!! time is now to change the WORLD!!! RIOT!!!!!!!!! it's basically the biggest over-blown event you can think of. Completely over-dramatic for no reason. Just gives anarchists a chance to show their faces and say ''yes we exist!!!'' even though all they can really do is light a car on fire and throw some firebombs.
Im from Finglas, Dublin and I dont see much crime
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I really want to go to Baltimore. The dodgy bits.

Northampton's got one of the highest crime rates in the UK, it's about 2nd. Lots of cheap housing estates and there've never been enough jobs. Because we're not a major city like London or Birmingham nothing what happens here gets reported in the media.
Last edited by TEK34 at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by iplayat11
My friend who lives downtown has only been mugged twice and only one of those times was at gunpoint.

I live in the UK and I have never been mugged in my life.
This will start a RIOT! in me
There are no seedy people in Pittsburgh. What you witnessed was a fantasy football draft selection.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I live in a town where the average age is about 74.

Believe it or not, there is very little crime...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Wait a minute, you saw two guys exchange stuff, and money? It's a miracle you're still alive.
Quote by james4
I'm from Brampton, a suburb of Toronto (Canada), which has a relatively low crime rate

Yes but you have a high rate of (east) Indians.
MATTERHORN
Page 1 of 2