Does this amp have alot of balls? I know the JCM 800 does and it shows through alot of clips that I have heard, but I have not been impressed by many clips of the JCm 2000. They just sounds weak and unremarkable. Will the 2000 have balls like the 800 or is it rather thin sounding?
I myself found it to be rather thin sounding . I'm sure you can do better for the price of the, unless you buy used of course.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I've never thought so, though I've never gotten to mess with the eq on one.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
They are not as good as an 800 obviously but can hold their own, especially with a boost, the right cab, and the right guitar.

what are you going after tone wise and what is your budget? Closest city. Current gear? Etc.
Tone wise I'm going for a Marshall. An awesome marshall. Plain and simple. I don't need too much gain, I would say no more than slash. I have a Gibson LP Studio and soon to have a Gibson SG. I live right next to memphis.
hmmm...

well, my gut reaction is to not buy a Marshall just to have a Marshall. There are plenty of amps out there that do the traditional Marshall tone better than today's Marshalls.

For example, I'd probably rather have an Egnater Renegade, Mesa ElectraDyne, or a Splawn Quick Rod......oh wait....

Seriously though, there are a boat load of MGs on Memphis craigslist. What's up with that?

can you get this?
http://memphis.craigslist.org/msg/1872116779.html

PS: A DSL will do the basic Slash type gain with no problem.
The Green channel on the DSL is very nearly as good as an 800. If you don't mind the inferior construction and can get one for a good price, I'd hit it for sure.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
the dsl is an awesome amp.

I wouldn't say it is anywhere near thin sounding.

it will have more than enough gain for what you want.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
The DSL is closer to an 800 that a TSL. They claim the DSL has the same "heritage" as an 800. If you want an 800 look for an 800 I say.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well, I know Nile manages to get a good sound out of them in the studio. Don't know how much trickery they needed, though.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
If you like the 800, go for that. I found the DSL thin sounding and the ultra gain channel (I believe thats what its called, correct me if i'm wrong) sounds like a cheap solid state amp. I was very unimpressed by it. The cleans were nice though.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
i got a dsl and i love it! Cheap solid state? **** that guy. it sound pretty lame in bedroom volume but cranked it's huge!
Quote by baf250
If you like the 800, go for that. I found the DSL thin sounding and the ultra gain channel (I believe thats what its called, correct me if i'm wrong) sounds like a cheap solid state amp. I was very unimpressed by it. The cleans were nice though.

Try turning it up. Amps like these aren't meant to be played with the Master at 1>.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ You play your VTM at less than 1?

Well, no. I would have just written it:
"Amps like these aren't meant to be played with the Master at > 1" (which is actually kind of confusing with the symbol > here...)
or
"Amps like these aren't meant to be played with the Master less than 1"
or
Amps like these are meant to be played with the Master greater than 1"

Wow, I never knew people hated the DSL so much. As much as I personally just don't like Marshalls that much it really isn't a bad amp - at all.

It will do what you're asking for if that's all you needed to know. Sure you could do better, but you can almost always do better.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^I'd rather have your JSX.

Nah it's been broken for awhile It's an excellent amp though.

Also I can't figure out how to change my sig I feel like an idiot
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, no. I would have just written it:
"Amps like these aren't meant to be played with the Master at > 1" (which is actually kind of confusing with the symbol > here...)
or
"Amps like these aren't meant to be played with the Master less than 1"
or
Amps like these are meant to be played with the Master greater than 1"

That's greater than 1.

You've been sniffing too much solder.

It is leadless, right?

It's a nice amp no great shakes though , Jcm 800 much better all the way around.