COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Play with other musicians and keep challenging yourself with new material. Btw what genre do u play?
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by fancypants1
Thats a good idea ill have to try that

I just try to extend my library of known songs

That's good to do, but it will only get you so far. Check out Freepower's Youtube Channel for some really good lessons on how to practice and such of that nature. There are also some pretty sweet covers on there, too!
Quote by connorhxcchaos
Scales/Warm up 20mins
Technique 20mins
Songs 40mins (or however much I need to learn them properly)
Jam 20mins
Cool down 10 - 20mins (sometimes I skip this due to time restraint.

u see I could never really do this because of how strict it is but it might work for you.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Scales, improvising on said scales, learning random songs I might've heard on the radio then promptly forgetting them, more improv, and then probably some more improv.
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...
Well let's see this past week:

Sunday: Tried little bit of improv on the blue's scale
Monday: Learned the solo intro to Wish you were here
Tues: Learned the chords to CCR who'll stop the rain and practiced singing/playing at the same time.
Wed: Mindlessly hammered on the E-Major scale while vegging out in front of the TV
Thurs: Played Wish you were here with my GF, my brother showed me how to finger pick better
Fri: Didn't play much, just practiced tuning my guitar by ear without any help.
Quote by NIN1993
I've been playing for about 8 months and now I just don't know what to do

It helps to know what kind of style you play and what your goals are. Do you want to learn how to play lead/improvise? Do you want to play rhythm? Do you want to do jam sessions?

---
Willem
For more on improving on the guitar, please visit http://www.theloneguitaristblog.com
Quote by NIN1993
I've been playing for about 8 months and now I just don't know what to do

Learn some songs.
Practice the stuff you need to be able to play them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Just remember that the hardest and most aggrovating way to do something is most likely the correct way.
Get into a greater variety of music and play more. I just learned song after song, learning to play everything I could. I rarely practice technique or strength exercises, but I did it occasionally. Just keep an eye on your technique and weaknesses to fix up.

Tl;dr: listen to more music, play more music.
if u dont know what to practice just go and transcribe any song u like... that the best practice
What Techniques are you not so good at, but would like to be? Work on them.

What are some songs you like, and would like to learn? Work on them.

What are some Scales you would like to learn, or should learn? Work on them.