Well, the past few days our band has been trying to kick out the bassist to get another bassist in that we actually like. We are trying to not be really mean because no one really likes the girl in the first place. But everything we think of is just borderline pissing her off to get her to quit. Any better suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Haha, I've done that before... with my old guitarist
It didnt work out too well, they persisted for a decent 2 - 3 months, then Myself and the singer quit, waited a month, then restarted a new band excluding them
judging by what you said there, it seems like you're trying to make her leave of her own free will through manipulation but arent sure how to do so? if thats the case, stop doing that. you'll get a bad rep if she figures it out and spreads the word. you also never know if you'll need her again, or one of her friends in the future.

what you're going to want to do is be adult about it and tell her its in the best interest of the band and find a way to politely ask her to step down and leave the band. you have to remember how much time she'd have put in. explain whatever the problem is and see what she says. if she refuses to leave after a few times, then and only then take more drastic measures.
Just tell her the truth...except for the not liking her part.

Just tell her you think you have found another player better suited for the position.

/thread
See, I agree with what your saying but, the only thing i don't like is how she can get really upset over things. The band we started is like a small family kind of. Its all my neighbors and stuff from my street. This girl has had a tough life and is really emotional. Especially since she is already jealous of the other girls in our band. Too top it off, our guitarist, who is actually really good doesnt take anything seriously at all. Most of the time he just just screws around with me. Its a real burden. I appreciate the advice you guys have given me and I had what you guys were saying in mind. thanks.
So because the girl is really sensitive, your plan is to just piss her off repeatedly until she leaves?
Yeah, sounds like a plan to me.
I'll spell this out. If you go ahead with your plan, you're a dick. That, or an immature child. Pick one. Deal with problems like an adult, and people will respect you. Deal with them like this, and they will rightfully avoid you.
Grow up.
whoah, chill man please. I wasnt trying to this in the first place. Everyone else in the band had decided this already. I was trying to find an alternative way to do it and so I asked. I was trying to be the bigger man, or "grow up" as you put it. I try and give people respect and I don't like fighting or being a dick at all, that was the whole point of this post.
you could always start a second band...
since you said the guitarist just screws around and the girl isn't working, maybe you should find a whole new group of musicians to work with as a main project. if you like this group of people to hang out with and have some fun playing, leave it as a side one. this way nobody gets hurt. just a thought to consider...
yea dude, thanks never thought of that option. Its more of another girl and her friends project and me and the other guitarist are in it just because we play guitar lol.
quit being a bitch about it and just say

"hey, we aren't really seeing eye to eye on things so the band thinks it would be a good idea to part ways."
Quote by page&plant93
Why the **** is every so damn hostile. What the ****. Read the other god damn posts

but...but i can't read
its got nothing to do about being a bitch. I was asking UGs opinion on a better way to handle the situation and i get a bunch of assholes calling me a bitch and to grow up. Maybe if you read the other posts where i said i didnt want it to happen that way several times you would understand. But instead I get shit for just trying to do the right thing. ****ing asshole.
You could try sitting down and talking calmly and maturely with her? You're certainly right that just annoying her into leaving is a ridiculous idea, and I'm sure she'll appreciate you guys being honest a lot more.
While you're at it, get rid of your guitarist, it sounds like he's causing more of a problem than the bass player.

Quote by page&plant93
its got nothing to do about being a bitch. I was asking UGs opinion on a better way to handle the situation and i get a bunch of assholes calling me a bitch and to grow up. Maybe if you read the other posts where i said i didnt want it to happen that way several times you would understand. But instead I get shit for just trying to do the right thing. ****ing asshole.

You were clearly misunderstood, throwing a tantrum like this helps no-one, and this kind of attitude can certainly cause problems in a band scenario, just saying
Quote by page&plant93

i'm only being an asshole to an asshole. purposely pissing someone off to get them to quit instead of just being a man and telling them the truth is immature and ****ing pathetic.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by page&plant93

jimihendrix6699's suggestion of just saying "hey, we aren't really seeing eye to eye on things so the band thinks it would be a good idea to part ways." is a 'better way of handling the situation'.

In such matters, honesty is always the best policy, otherwise it can come back to bite you in the ass later.

Imagine if you will that you succede in 'pissing her off to get her to quit'. In the end, that really has to make her opinion of you pretty bad in order for it to work.
This person is a musician, she probably talks to other musicians and musicians also talk to promoters. Effectively your reputation could be damaged, and remember, your 'reputation' is any musician's greatest asset.

Alternatively, be professional about it. If you are not seeing eye to eye, say so. You're only being honest after all. It may piss her off but when she tells other people that the reason you sacked her was because she 'didn't see eye to eye' with the rest of the band, others are more likely to see it as a case of her just not fitting in rather than you being a bunch of assholes, which is not meant as an insult but is rather how you will have to look in her eyes in order to get her to quit.
Quote by jimihendrix6699
i'm only being an asshole to an asshole. purposely pissing someone off to get them to quit instead of just being a man and telling them the truth is immature and ****ing pathetic.

First of all i think i have said three god damn times that I wasn't trying to do the thing everyone else wanted to do and thats why I came here. I was trying to be the bigger person like I said and do it professionally, but you say I am a bitch and start a stupid argument that didnt need to be started. If I had of wanted senseless bullshit I would have actually asked u ****er.
Quote by page&plant93
First of all i think i have said three god damn times that I wasn't trying to do the thing everyone else wanted to do and thats why I came here. I was trying to be the bigger person like I said and do it professionally, but you say I am a bitch and start a stupid argument that didnt need to be started. If I had of wanted senseless bullshit I would have actually asked u ****er.

jesus, let it go little bitch. JK
Quote by page&plant93

Please read my last post. You will notice that it shows you how doing the thing you are trying to avoid actualy is being the 'bigger person' and acting 'professionally'.

I can understand your anger at those who were childish enough to call you names, but honestly, if you don't want to listen to good advice that people give you, why bother asking for it in the first place?
Don't make her want to leave by pissing her off. Just ask her to leave the band. It's not fair on her if you keep her in the band when you're just going to kick her out later. It's honestly not that hard if you just get on with it and do it. If you make a big deal of it it'll just get harder.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
the advice had already been taken.. and the band was actually stopped due to my guitarist who was a non serious asshole and pissed off the rest of the band so none of this had a chance to happen or the advice was gone. So sorry when i got pissed off, i was just in a fit of rage. But it still wasnt the right thing to do to bitch at me... Thanks for all of those who actually helped.
Whoa! Let's check a couple of things here...

1. People were attacking your actions, not you. "Don't be a bitch" isn't the same as "you are a bitch." That sort of thing.

2. The advice you didn't like was actually the best advice. You really needed to be up front with her.

3. "We have a bass player who we're not really all that thrilled with, but now one of our friends wants to play bass with us... so we need to find a way of making room for our mate" is not a good way to run a band.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Simple. "You're fired." Explain why, of course, but leave no room for her to delay the departure. Having a band is a lot of fun, but if you have any ambition to actually DO something with it, you have to be professional and treat it somewhat like a job. And what happens if your employer doesn't feel you're up to par? You get fired.
GEAR
'92 Mesa Mark IV
Rivera Knucklehead II
Ibanez ART300
Washburn X50PROFE
Ibanez AEG20E
Martin DXK2