So, yesterday I went to a local music store, looking for a new bass, and picked up a guitar. I started to get really into and I don't know what to do. I'm stuck between guitar and bass. What should I do?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Aug 18, 2010,
Pick it up but keep up with bass? Take lessons, and it could help with theory if you're not already.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Well, we're a bit biased here in the bass forum. I personally think you should play both. Playing bass will make you a better guitarist and vice versa. There's really no sense in giving up on one and dedicating yourself solely to another unless bass really doesn't interest you in the slightest.

Plus you have an awesome rig
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Well, we're a bit biased here in the bass forum. I personally think you should play both. Playing bass will make you a better guitarist and vice versa. There's really no sense in giving up on one and dedicating yourself solely to another unless bass really doesn't interest you in the slightest.

Plus you have an awesome rig

I think I'ma do that then. Thanks Tosti.

Still want other people's opinions too.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
play both...i do and it works out fine. i dont see why you have to give one up. just keep up with both
If you are satisfied with the bass you have now, wait a week or so (visit the shop a couple times in the meantime) and if you are still enticed by the guitar go for it! If not, go back to bass and know you are doing what you want to be doing in the end either way. There's no reason not to do both, and as has been said your gear is plenty good as it is, so you don't have to feel bad about passing up another bass unless you just can't help but have it (we all know the feeling).

The main thing is do what you would enjoy most. That will be the option that will make you better and more fulfilled in the end. Only you can decide, but keep your options and eyes open.
dude, i play bass,electric guitar, acoustic guitar, sing, play ukulele, and dabble in keyboards. bass playing helped my guitar playing by making me more rhythm conscious. guitar playing has helped my bass playing by making me more aware of chord structure and melodies. ukulele has made me re think how chords are developed, and keboards have helped in hand independence for thing s like tapping.

picking up new instruments is NEVER a bad thing. ever.

oh and singing has helped me by giving me more balls.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
dude, i play bass,electric guitar, acoustic guitar, sing, play ukulele, and dabble in keyboards. bass playing helped my guitar playing by making me more rhythm conscious. guitar playing has helped my bass playing by making me more aware of chord structure and melodies. ukulele has made me re think how chords are developed, and keboards have helped in hand independence for thing s like tapping.

picking up new instruments is NEVER a bad thing. ever.

oh and singing has helped me by giving me more balls.

You sound like me. It hurts my bank account.
You seem to be an impulsive kid. Grab a guitar absoletly no harm in it, you might even find a new way of looking at bass after learning guitar. I tend to go through phases myself I'll play bass for a few months then get into guitar and not think about my bass, but I've always better better at bass and felt more comfortable with it.