I saw the Most Famous Person Alive thread and it kinda made me think of this? Who is the most famous person you know? Preferably direct contact (aka not friend of a friend of a friend).

For me, I went to high school with a guy who has been signed to the Houston Astros and a guy who's been signed to the Atlanta Braves. That's all I can think of.

edit:
and my great uncle was featured in Band of Brothers. He was Shifty Powers.
and the ex-drummer for Carbon Leaf, Scott Milstead.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Last edited by crzysnowborder at Aug 18, 2010,
Scott Weidensaul, birder. author, and educator. He's written over 40 books, one of which have earned him a pulitzer prize.

I also know Kenn Kaufman, author of "The Kaufman guide to birds" and chief editor of a field guide series in his name. Needless to say, I am a bird nerd.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
This one guy who was in a band called The Searchbars..
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Quote by Lugnaz987
This one guy who was in a band called The Searchbars..

didn't see anything. besides, i doubt you really care anyway.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
i know vince gill, amy grant, martina mcbride, faith hill, and tim mcgraw all pretty well. and i know the guys in tony danza tapdance extravaganza. being in nashville is cool yo.
the author of "shiloh" used to live like on the same block as me. and i know the guys in periphery
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Al Scramuzza --living legend of New Orleans. Taught the city how to eat the boiled crawfish it's so famous for. Friend of mine.
Ben Moody, ex-guitarist for Evanescence. Also, Andrew Bynarski (Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Remakes)

He gave me my first ever guitar, actually.
Last edited by btones at Aug 18, 2010,
The guy who played Captain Ed on like... one episode of the Tenacious D TV show.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by Jon777
My dad was somewhat famous in the 70's.

Care to elaborate? let me guess... Drug Dealer for the celebrities?
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
I know Aldo Nova's son. He was my brother's friend a couple of years back, but I never got to meet Aldo personally. :\
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Salute to Jaco
Care to elaborate? let me guess... Drug Dealer for the celebrities?

Actually, no. He was a bassist for a couple bands that almost made it really big.
I'm legit friends with the lead singer of Catch 22, I figure that counts for something. He guestlists me from time to time, and I was in their music video. That and various partying.

Oh, and my step dad does NBA halftime shows (for every team in the league, and then some) and has a guinness world record, so I suppose he's kind of famous.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
My grandpa is in the boxing hall of fame and trained fighers such as george foreman, emile griffith, and oscar de la hoya.
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
can't really say I know anybody famous or anything like that, but I have met Nick Hipa: guitarist of As I Lay Dying and Liam Cormier - vocals for Cancer Bats

and if this counts as anything.... All Shall Perish follow me on twitter
Have Heart

xXx STRAIGHT EDGE xXx

//Are you as think as i drunk you are?//

Quote by DrPants PhD

-Some pregnant teacher threw up on my sister, lawl.
OWNED
Quote by Neal5189
My grandpa is in the boxing hall of fame and trained fighers such as george foreman, emile griffith, and oscar de la hoya.

That's pretty cool, I'm not gonna lie.
I met, exchanged info, talked about growing up, music, school, being Italian, and got free tickets from John 'JD' DeServio and Zakk Wylde ^_^ apperently my grandparents like to talk about being from new york than i like to talk about music hahahaha
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
I've shook hands with Justin Sane from Anti-Flag but I went to school with a guy who's going pro in dirt bike racing.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I met that one kid zach from Little People Big World in a subway (sandwhich place) once. Im not gonna lie he was kind of an dick when i told him l liked his show
I met Bill Murray one time in Seattle. Talked for a minute and when he left he said, "no one's ever gonna believe you."

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Mostly just college professors.

I know Adam Holzman, Classical Guitar professor at UT in Austin. Probably the biggest name in the classical guitar scene I know. I had 3 private lessons with him and a masterclass a while back. He actually liked me and I made a really good first impression, which almost NEVER EVER EVER happens.
I've worked with several notable film and video game composers last year. It was pretty cooool.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I know a guy who has hot-pot with some of the top surfers from Australia :\
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
My friend is a session guitarist for famous reggeaton band Don Omar. He actually inspired me to pick up the axe.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My uncle's an olympic gold medalist in Judo, my father's a former boxer, another uncle a former goalkeeper... and I better do something too.

Maybe.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Dougie from McFly, we went skating together one time.

And also Donny Tourette.

Rock n roll....

I walked past Dustin Hoffman in New York last year. Everyone around me was like "ZOMGZ ZOMGZ!" and I obviously I thought they were talking about me, my gf pointed out that we just walked past him and his daughter.
Last edited by Calibos at Aug 18, 2010,
Dont know anyone famous
My dad knows some actor whos name escapes me, I've been in a club with a few chelsea players and actors for some event. Sat next to John Rhys-Davies (Gimli from LoTR) and opposite the camp german guy in 'Allo 'Allo.
I went through airport security in Hawaii with Dog the Bounty Hunter a couple days ago...
i once walked past Andy Dick at LAX, which was really weird.

i hung out at a 4th of July Malibu party with Adam Levine from Maroon 5.

but the closest to knowing somebody famous, i guess, is one of my buddy is Paul Walker's brother (from Fast and the Furious)
Class of 2010

University of California, Santa Barbara
i once walked past Andy Dick at LAX, which was really weird.

i hung out at a 4th of July Malibu party with Adam Levine from Maroon 5.

but the closest to knowing somebody famous, i guess, is one of my buddy is Paul Walker's brother (from Fast and the Furious)
Class of 2010

University of California, Santa Barbara
I went to college with Jon Lillygreen of Jon Lillygreen and the Islanders who represented Cyprus in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Lilygreen

I'm third cousins with the actor Sir David Jason

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Jason
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.