The title says alot of what you already wanna know. I Live 45 minutes outside of Nashville. Dont have a problem going used. Looking for something more portable than my twin reverb. Wanna get some good crunch. I can go up to 1500 but I am perfectly happy with going cheaper. Im looking for this amp to play general garage rock and maybe some nice seering blues to record. I sing in both bands Ill be playing it with. Think along the lines of Old Kings Of Leon Crunch. Enough to jus chuck along with some nice chunky rhythm guitar and couple licks. Open to all. Not playing metal. Love Orange amps. Combo or Head and cab. Doesnt matter. Shoot UG
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Budda Superdrive 18 or Soldano Atomic 16, or Astroverb?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Iv never played soldano amps...however I was under the impression they were more Gainy amps??? And Davey Knowles uses Budda superdrives I believe and his tone is freakin awesome for that blues trio killin it sound. lol.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Ya know I played a tweaker and found myself on it with a 1960 335 slimneck reissue for 4 hours at GC one day! I have to say it was a big deal for me to let time pass like that! I had places to be...The Tweaker is one im going to look into FOR SURE! It was a great little amp.

Anyone have experience with The Dr Z Maz 18 amps?

for 1500 you can get into boutique amp land and your selection is very open.
What's up with all of these Renegades for sale

Renegade halfstack $1,100 (head is $999 new)
http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1903075141.html

Renegade head $750
http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1897746557.html

Renegade head $725
http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1895975619.html

Mesa Mark III Blue Strip and cab $1500
http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1893576002.html

Mesa Nomad combo $900 - probably does not accomplish your goal
http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/1893006492.html

bunch of cool amps too. Dr Zs, Bruno Cowtipper, Mojave Coyote

Edit: I've played the Maz 38 and was quite impressed. Honestly do not remember its tube compliment. I thought they were more of a Fender based amp.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 18, 2010,
you should check out XITS
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by The3rdMugician
Iv never played soldano amps...however I was under the impression they were more Gainy amps??? And Davey Knowles uses Budda superdrives I believe and his tone is freakin awesome for that blues trio killin it sound. lol.

The Atomic/Astroverb isn't a br00t4l amp. Through the right speakers, it can be, but it's on the lower gain side for the most part. Definitely a blues/hard rock amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Gumbi these XITS amps are the oddest looking things Iv ever seen. BUT I dig the tone. I seen a guy was sellin at red Maz 18 on a classifieds site. he was askin 1200? What do you guys think?

Quote by gumbilicious
you should check out XITS

+1

Go for the X10 TS. Only thing is the wait list is long as **** IIRC.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Yea Im not a patient man. HA. Im really worried I may be goin for somethin alot "nicer" than what I necessarily need. Thats why the Tweaker Sounded great. I was also looking into the thunder 30 head. Its got the watt switch from 7,15 and 30. Could need more sometime I suppose. Is there a release date set for that damn thing yet?

Isn't it supposed to be out this month? I haven't been following it but that's what I remember the release date being.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Yea thats what I thought too but no where has them in stock (( on a side note matt I would freakin kill to get a anni edition fulldrive 2 simply because its the only blue pedal on my board, my OCDness bugs me that its sticks out against all the warm colors! )

you needs a xits because they have instant 100 percent resale value and they are awesome!!!! more awesome then anything else in the entire world!!!!

except music man

-ae
I turned down a Music Man 65 head in trade for my KoT thinking I could do better. I haven't gotten a single offer since then. Damn you and your voodoo gumbi.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I seen a band play with a 410 music man. he was useing an old original rat for distortion. It was nice enough to earn this

Mesa Boogie transatlantic? Don't know if it's within your budget but the rest of the specs is (almost) the same I think.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by mmolteratx
I turned down a Music Man 65 head in trade for my KoT thinking I could do better. I haven't gotten a single offer since then. Damn you and your voodoo gumbi.

omfg! that is pretty GD fair there. especially if it was the 65 with the phase inverter! my favorite music man is actually the bass/guitar hd-130 head with phase inverter and no effects, it's an awesome bass or guitar head.

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
omfg! that is pretty GD fair there. especially if it was the 65 with the phase inverter! my favorite music man is actually the bass/guitar hd-130 head with phase inverter and no effects, it's an awesome bass or guitar head.

It wasn't the one with the tube phase inverter. I just didn't really need a clean head and figured it might be a tough sell. I've been kicking myself every day I get no offers.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

one day, i'll do an clip of my 'clean' music man hd-130 head. you wouldn't believe it.

-ae
Quote by Raijouta
The Atomic/Astroverb isn't a br00t4l amp. Through the right speakers, it can be, but it's on the lower gain side for the most part. Definitely a blues/hard rock amp.

^tr00th. them soldano 16-818 watters are pure awesome, great tone and can do some really heavy rock with the gain cranked.

btw you can't get class A 18W with el84s, well you can, but you would be wasting a lot of power since EL84s are very low output tubes (and in class a they will be producing even less power)

you can however, get a class ab el84 and bias it really hot to get a sort of class a ish tone
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 18, 2010,
I would think the Superdrive 18, Astroverb even that mojave coyote would be good for you. i haven't played the xits to comment on it, but i'm sure it delivers as well.
Superdrive. Love those amps
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
when companies like vox and orange claim they run their output section in push/pull Class A, most of the time, they aren't COMPLETELY in class A. they're still Class AB push/pull, but it's biased towards Class A than B.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard