I look up and see your face
And all I can see, are tears in your eyes
I know sometimes I disappoint you
And all I can do is keep on trying
So that when I finally see you
I can, see you smiling

I know, you're up there watching me
To help me right along...

This is actually one of the first songs I ever wrote with lyrics. I searched in vain to see if I ever posted it before but apparently not, that or I've been on this site for way too long, lol. It's actually the most requested song I play so I thought I'd share. Enjoy.
I just remembered that I owed you one from a crit you gave me a while back. Sorry for the delay.

I thought these a pretty good set of lyrics man. They had a conceivable rhythm to them and a certain heartfelt-ness that was entirely believable. I thought you exuded the emotion in a controlled yet vulnerable way which really helped me connect with the piece.

If there's one thing I would suggest, it would be to give at least one concrete detail or example for how much this person means to you, maybe something that exemplifies your relationship with them. I think having that would really propel the song to a new level.

Good stuff though, man.
here, My Dear, here it is
Thanks guys. It is quite simple and it was open for anyone who's lost a loved one. In my case it was my father who died when I was 8. I've always thought about throwing a bridge in there to give it a bit more depth and a personal side, but it's 5 years old and I just can't bring myself to change it. There's a lot more emotion that goes into singing it than some of the lyrics suggest as well. For example the chorus parts are actually driven by "eye...""try...""smile..." in much higher vocals.