Hello all. I'm always reading these ngd's hoping that one day i could post my own, and now i can!

My fender 65 watt amp was messing up, and i needed a new one, so i started looking a solid state amps online, in the 300 USD region. Just curious, I started looking at tube amps, and found the Bugera V55 combo tube amp used on musiciansfriend for 270! Cheapest I could find then was 500 USD. So, as impulsive as i am, i purchased it, dreading to see what it looked like since it was "used".
So finally, a few days later, the UPS truck arrives, and I get my amp. Ecstatic, I run inside and plug it in. The clean channel sounds gorgeous compared to my ss fender. The gain channel is a bit too vintage for my tastes, so I plug in my Dano overdrive (Which always sounded pretty dull through my fender amp), and it seriously reinvented the way I heard my guitar. A few days later, I finally find the "used" mark on it. A slight tear down the Protective covering, hardly noticeable. I must say that I am in love with this amp.
I got my Bugera a few weeks ago, just yesterday, My sister's boyfriend told me to come out to their car to see if i wanted something. He opens the door, and pulls out a marshall valvestate 100w head, and two beringher cabs, with speakers disconnected. He said he found it all in the trash, and figured I could find something to do with it. So I attach one of the speakers, take it inside, and try it out. It has a bit of a hum, but other then that it sounds pretty decent. I must not complain, since I got it for free.
Pictured is my bugera, one cab without a speaker, one with, along with the marshall head. ENJOY!
Attachments:
SSPX1683.jpg
SSPX1680.jpg
SSPX1684.jpg
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Dewd I think that's a PA speaker, not a cab...but at least you got it for free. I wish I could find Marshall amps in the trash.

HNAD
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
Dewd I think that's a PA speaker, not a cab...but at least you got it for free. I wish I could find Marshall amps in the trash.

HNAD

Yeah, I know its a p.a. speaker, but I already have a peavey full stack. so I can use that.
Really I just plan on using the marshall head as a practice amp since its the only amp in my house with a headphone jack
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
You probably don't want to run that Marshall into the PA cab... you might blow the speakers. I'd look for a mixer of some kind and then use it as a setup for your singer if you're in a band/plan to be.

Otherwise, HNGD. The V series is Bugera's only original design and their best amps so far IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Aug 18, 2010,
Sell off the marshall and the speakers for anything, reducing the cost of your V55 that much more.

Congrats, I liked the V22 for a classic rock amp, haven't tried the 55.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
v55 is 6l6 so probably the same stuff insude the amp but tweaked with a 6l6 sound.

yeah its not like bugera is going for much used. and any damage = dirt cheap. i mean, its almost so cheap its not that big of a deal if it breaks.

take a v22. 350. used the crap out of it and wear down the outside. probably get it for like 200 or less and still have a functioning inside. so some people 200 is a FX pedal.

throw a speaker/hook up a cab, throw some tubes in it. gig. i it breaks (try to fix it) take teh speaker/tubes out, stocxk back in, sell it for parts. or give it away.

its like reverse resale. its so cheap, its good.
Hey guys I have the V55HD,,,,Suprised me,,,I dont use the gain ch I just use the clean ch with some really nice od/dist pedals run into the front of the amp a oversize 1x12 cab with a Hellaton 60..All I did was change the first preamp tube to a jj..this amp kills with my DGW Contender..I would not hesitate to pay for a new one..
Jimmy
Durango Guitar Works
Short Scale Guitar
Quote by DGW1
Hey guys I have the V55HD,,,,Suprised me,,,I dont use the gain ch I just use the clean ch with some really nice od/dist pedals run into the front of the amp a oversize 1x12 cab with a Hellaton 60..All I did was change the first preamp tube to a jj..this amp kills with my DGW Contender..I would not hesitate to pay for a new one..

Yeah I got it too and was looking for a dist for it. Any suggestions?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by DGW1

I don't care for the dist channel either, which is why i use my dano fabtone. Sounds amazing.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR