it was on the cover of a guitar magazine. i read ages ago that for their latest album he used his very first guitar..or 1 of them.
i had seen thru various guitar and music mags that it was a white king v (like the gibson model).....BUT in all the mags they didnt show the brand???????
after careful analysis i think it was a tokai? could this be correct?
Wiki says electra.

Though he doesn't use the original anymore, but a copy of it made by ESP.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
if your looking to buy one, your SOL, there are only 5 in the world and james owns 4 of them :P
I heard it was an Epiphone but he scratched the logo of cos he wanted to look more like Michael Schakner (sp?)
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
he had an epiphone dot aswell
Quote by ibrahimasood
I heard it was an Epiphone but he scratched the logo of cos he wanted to look more like Michael Schakner (sp?)

Bullet for my valentines genre is depending on the song choice, its always a bit differant but id have to call them a grundge band.

i agree with the taylor swift part, thats shes not country, but everyone else thinks so, including mtv.

trivium kicks ass, enough said.
Quote by Dmt8jr
Bullet for my valentines genre is depending on the song choice, its always a bit differant but id have to call them a grundge band.

i agree with the taylor swift part, thats shes not country, but everyone else thinks so, including mtv.

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by Dmt8jr

Wtf are you on?
Quote by Dmt8jr

What the ****!?!?
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by Dmt8jr

BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
Yeah, now I'm lost
i read that even hetfield doesnt remember the make but he still uses it, he swapped the original pups out for EMG's though

i saw a replice sold on ebay a few months ago, it came with 2 scratch plates, one with gibson dirty fingers pups and another loaded with EMG's

looked like a pretty good buy... i with i had got the money to get it =(

Quote by Dmt8jr

also... wtf was all that about? i know some people go slightly off topic on here but that was just ridiculous...
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by Dmt8jr

I'd say Taylor Swift was contempory country, she does have a country vibe to her.

By the way, to the people saying wtf, read sigs more.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
His first V was just a cheapo Gibson Flying V copy. Nothing to write home about. If you want the guitar all you'd have to do is find a Lawsuit era Bolt-on V in white and throw some Duncan Invaders in. You'll have to ask James how to make the Invaders sound good though, that's a challenge on it's own.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's not a Gibson Flying V, it looks like one, but it's not... I have tons of Metallica interviews and documentaries, and I have an interview with James on a DVD, I can't copy it to the computer to upload it for you guys, sorry, but I'll try to explain very clearly what he said. He said that it was a cheap copy, and it was his second guitar, he bought it in 1980 for 200$ he knew it was a copy but he didn't have a lot of money, and even he couldn't figure out what brand it is. He wanted a white one because Michael Schenker of U.F.O had one. He also says that the neck was crappy, and snapped more than once and the pickups were stock and crappy also. Later, he put on it a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge. It was the 1st guitar he ever modified.
its a used Japanese $20 dollar POS but he modded to his liking you could find just about any 80's knockoff for 200 bucks or less on eBay and its not too hard to find at a pawn shop if ya looked long and hard enough
Quote by Dmt8jr

Anyway, TS, it was a cheap shit brand, as far as I'm aware.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
.....so his cheapo guitar .........with a seym dunc humbucker does the trick????...why the eff am i dreamin of a gibson then?????
Quote by rajandmaria
.....so his cheapo guitar .........with a seym dunc humbucker does the trick????...why the eff am i dreamin of a gibson then?????

Because you want a Gibson?

A lot of his tone is in his amp and in the production. With that being said, I HATE HATE HATE the tone on puppets. It sounds mushy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by rajandmaria

LOL because he's a pro, and knew how to deal with guitars, the neck snapping issue is more than enough to convince me to avoid crappy cheap copies. There were also the amp settings, the studio editing, the effects etc ... He recorded Kill'em All with the copy, in Ride The Lightening he used the copy a little bit but mostly he used his new White Gibson Explorer.. And on the RTL tour he used EMG's.
Quote by Ramwen
the neck snapping issue is more than enough to convince me to avoid crappy cheap copies.

In that case you should avoid Gibon's like the plague......plenty of broken headstocks there.

Not sure what JH meant by snapping the neck, but it might just have been a case of a poorly attached bolt-on. Swith to threaded inserts/machine screws and the problem is solved. It's the first thing I do with any bolt-on I buy and it takes less than 30 minutes to convert.
since reading everyones comments i put a good humbucker in a cheapo guitar i got...and frankly speaking--- sounds effing cool
pics, dammit! pics!!!!!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I read somewhere it was a Cort knockoff, but...nobody really seems to know. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.