no more POD X3. sucks. damn i was gonna throw some cash down for it but it seems its done with and music sites are removing them. anybody know a good or better amp modeler then da X3 live for live and recording?
They're still for sale on Musician's Friend... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-POD-X3-Live-Guitar-MultiEffects-Pedal?sku=150377

Though, it is on clearance. It seems they're coming out with an X3 MKII (probably to incorporate POD Farm 2's new software)

The only thing better than a POD X3 is an Axe-FX.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've always found the floor units quite pointless personally. They suck live unless you use them into a poweramp and a rackmount version would be easier for that IMO. As for recording the rack is easier yet again or the desktop version you dont want to have a big floorboard thing on your desk
Quote by MatrixClaw
They're still for sale on Musician's Friend... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-POD-X3-Live-Guitar-MultiEffects-Pedal?sku=150377

Though, it is on clearance. It seems they're coming out with an X3 MKII (probably to incorporate POD Farm 2's new software)

I thought you were a bigger fan of the Vypyr Tube than the Line 6 stuff?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i got a digitech rp2000 and it works alright... i think it's discontinued too though. Just by a pod secondhand
Quote by Raijouta

I thought MatrixClaw was just a bigger fan of the Vypyr Tube than the Spider Valve
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by MatrixClaw

Where'd you hear about the new X3 version? I wasn't able to find anything from a quick google.
Quote by Shabadoo
Where'd you hear about the new X3 version? I wasn't able to find anything from a quick google.

It's probs just a guesstimation.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by Raijouta

You can't buy a Vypyr in preamp form

Quote by Ignite

Always forget about that one.

Quote by Shabadoo

There was a few posts on the L6 forum about it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Musicians Friend is calling it a clearance but keeping the same old price. Great. I remember when a clearance meant the price went down to move them out the door.
Like when Crate killed the only great amp they ever made the Power Block. Guitar stores and websites were moving them out at $99 down from $199 that's a clearance price.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by coolstoryangus
I've always found the floor units quite pointless personally. They suck live unless you use them into a poweramp and a rackmount version would be easier for that IMO. As for recording the rack is easier yet again or the desktop version you dont want to have a big floorboard thing on your desk

Sorry dude, but you're gonna have to explain that one. I can understand for recording... but why on earth would you not want a floor unit when playing live? Am I the only one who thinks it makes absolutely no sense to reach over and push a button to change your sound in the middle of a song?

My live rig is a Tonelab LE into a power amp and cab btw
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Sorry dude, but you're gonna have to explain that one. I can understand for recording... but why on earth would you not want a floor unit when playing live? Am I the only one who thinks it makes absolutely no sense to reach over and push a button to change your sound in the middle of a song?

+1, why the **** would you want the rack version, which costs more and doesn't really do anything different, when you're just going to have to buy a MIDI controller for it anyway (which is what the Live model already has built into it). Makes no sense to me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com