So ok heres the story.. My current band right now is really good and disciplined and I like it alot, we managed to gather crowds and audiences on free GIGz in our town, we are like brothers.. but I am starting to get bored in our music.. and I want a new sound in the tune of lamb og God.. yeah.. So did I made a sideline band..

So I have this really good one pedal drummer, and he also loves lamb of god, but He is having troubles with the double pedal, it is a hindrance, since we need to cover lamb of god first before proceeding into making our own songs.. and I am having doubts that he can learn double pedal techniques fast... but he is eager to learn.. and the other guitarist is really not disciplined during practices, he randomly shreds and its really annoying because he always does that during in between songs.. and hes so f*cking cocky, but everyone in the band knows im better than him.. But if we kicked him, its so hard finding another new guitarist that can play technical songs..

so the problem is Should I just wait for the drummer to get better?? should I kicked the guitarist out??,, Im really frustrated right now on what should be my approach on this band.. or maybe just stop this shit and continue with my current band...
kick the cocky bastard, have faith in your padawan drummer! he'll get it, but whats wrong with a single petal dude, if you can shred a single your a better drummer in most areas, hahaha, i hate doubles.
I'd let your drummer take his time to progress and get better, it shouldnt take too long. As for the cocky guitarist, get the rest of the band together and all tell him to stop being such an imbecile and stop noodling, or you'll give him the boot. Be serious with him, and he should get the picture.
Quote by Dmt8jr
kick the cocky bastard, have faith in your padawan drummer! he'll get it, but whats wrong with a single petal dude, if you can shred a single your a better drummer in most areas, hahaha, i hate doubles.

+1111
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Dmt8jr

this.
I'm joining a local band with a single pedal drummer, and they are one of the heaviest bands in the area.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
stick with your "brothers". why force something with a second band if its nothing but headaches?
i don't understand why covering lamb of god is an absolute necessity as you made it seem, but that's not important right now.

anyway, practice makes perfect. when our drummer switched to double bass it took a few weeks for him to get used to it and perfect it, but we didn't go kicking him out just because he couldn't play double bass on his first attempt.

could you play guitar perfectly your first couple tries? i didn't think so. took some time and practice didn't it?

for the guitarist, i'd say talk to him and tell him if he doesn't knock off the cocky attitude that he will be kicked out. if he doesn't stop it after that, get rid of him.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Last edited by lespaul1216 at Aug 20, 2010,
just quit the band and wait for the perfect group of musicians to come along and recognize your brilliance... it'll happen...
Dude.. Chris Adler's a freak. You can't expect someone new to double-bass to be playing Ashes of the Wake overnight. Give him a few weeks. If he's making progress keep him. If you absolutely have to have double-bass drumming and he's not getting any better, find someone who can keep up. And about the cocky guy... Have the drummer throw a stick at him when he starts the bs. He should get the message
GEAR
'92 Mesa Mark IV
Rivera Knucklehead II
Ibanez ART300
Washburn X50PROFE
Ibanez AEG20E
Martin DXK2
Stop placing so much importance on Lamb of God for a start. They're not the be all and end all, you don't have to be like them. Being influenced by only one band is just ridiculous. Be original, or you will get precisely nowhere.

As for the other stuff, previous posts seem to have this covered
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Listen to something other than LoG - you might write something slightly original.
George Kollias does most of his blasts with one foot.
Kick your guitarest if he doesn't stop pissing around.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Your first problem is being so stuck on Lamb of god. If u have a good band situation with talnted and easy going people don't eff it up, genius.

That situation is hard to fnd.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com