Okay, so our drummer's a bit of a tool, and where we practise (local youth club), people can leave their gear, and put stickers on it with names etc to identify it, and our drummer claimed that nearly two grand's worth of another guys stuff was his. Now, the other guy's cool with the other guitarist and i, cause we went and talked to him, and explained we had no idea, but He's threatened to kick seven shades out of our drummer

Now, this other band are really nice guys usually, and i dont wanna fall out with them over a drummer who's a bit of a tool, no matter how good he is...so my question is, do i we get shot of him for a drummer who's a far nicer guy, but maybe not quite as good?
My Band (As Faith Fades)

Quote by steven seagull
Elitist bollocks like this makes me want to vomit. You're so far up your own arse you could lick your own tonsils.
What is it with drummers, seriously? Just because they kick their bass they think they can kick everything else or what? I have had two drummers, either lazy as f*ck or passes out with my beer halfway through the practice.

Kick that drummer and get a percussionist... they seem nicer somehow.
making music is all about fun, play with guys you get along with, if the guys a little worse give him some time to get better, help him out a bit, play at his level and he'' progress.
Sooo...wait a minute...

Did the other drummer really have $2000 of your drummers stuff or did you drummer just CLAIM that he did?

I'm a bit confused.

Regardless, ditch your tool behaving drummer and find one that you can get along with better.
I've had experience both playing with nice drummers who suck and tool drummers who are amazing. I'd rather have the tool honestly but if he goes and pulls crap like this you should kick him out. For the sake of your own band, dude, I mean if you guys get a bad rep because of him it's gonna suck trying to get shows and getting other bands to play with you.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
If it was just a joke that got out of hand, I'd say talk to him about it. If he was actually trying to steal the dude's stuff, though, I'd say kick him out.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Tell your drummer to stop being such a goon, and tell him to apologise to the other drummer.

If hes a good drummer just keep him, if hes going to get 7 shades kicked out of him oh well its his own fault!
The Blackout Pact from CO broke up a couple years ago when while on tour, thier drummer stole a laptop from another band's tour bus.

They were a great band with fantastic potential, ruined by a crappy, scumbag, thief member.
The guy threatening to "kick the shit" out of your other member, he's most likely talking trash and wouldn't actually do it. Most musicians are pussies, and would rather have a guitar face-off than go in the ring with some other thin guy.

Other than that, your drummer should know his boundaries with other peoples stuff. I'm not sure why you told the other drummer about all this, it only makes a bigger event out of something that could have ended there and then. There's probably going to be no bashing involved, but how about loosing support slots for your entire band because people have heard their stuff might get stolen?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
The guy threatening to "kick the shit" out of your other member, he's most likely talking trash and wouldn't actually do it. Most musicians are pussies, and would rather have a guitar face-off than go in the ring with some other thin guy.

Other than that, your drummer should know his boundaries with other peoples stuff. I'm not sure why you told the other drummer about all this, it only makes a bigger event out of something that could have ended there and then. There's probably going to be no bashing involved, but how about loosing support slots for your entire band because people have heard their stuff might get stolen?

This.

Now I've never been in a band, so take my advice with a grain of salt. You're in a band because you want to have fun, right? Is this fun? No, not at all, because you have to babysit your drummer who can't play nice on the playground. So kick him out. It will make the band experience more fun, and you'll get along with other bands better, which is great because then you'll have more fun. The key word here is fun.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by AlanHB

I actually prefer fighting to making music.

Maybe it's a deep south thing.

...or maybe i'm just a psychopath... either way, not important.

D-bags aren't cool. they should be... dealt with... accordingly.
If you're in a band with other people, you need to be able to trust all of them. And it doesn't sound like you can trust your current drummer.

If you have the option of replacing him with someone else who is "maybe not quite as good" (meaning he's still pretty decent and doesn't outright suck), you might want to do so.
You really need to kick this drummer to the curb. Here are just a few of the reasons:

He's a ****ing thief.

It sounds like he expected the rest of you to condone his thievery.

You (ALL of you!) are going to get a reputation for being untrustworthy, dickhead thieves. Most local scenes are pretty tight knit, and musicians tend to watch out for each other. Nobody is going to give you the time of day once you're thought of that way. Plus, stealing someone else's personal property is totally ****ed, anyway.

You describe him as a dickbag (even aside from the klepto tendencies.) Find a drummer that you like and who is motivated to get better. It's really your only viable option if you're in this for the long term. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!