hi, looking to buy my first acoustic (learnt everything on electric) to take away so i dont bring my amp etc to uni (too loud etc)

prefer it to be an electro acoustic

have 200-400 to spend

thanks for any help
Go to a music shop. Try them. Pick one that feels good on your little fingies.

/thread.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Takamine makes some good acoustic/electrics in that price range. You could probably find one used for cheap. Try Yamaha too- for the money they sound great and are good quality. I've had mine for 6 years and it plays just as great as the first day I picked it up.
well i dont know as far as electro's but this is such a beautiful sounding guitar
http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-DT100ECENT

i reccomend any ibanez in particular, they are great acoustics.
although im a fender fan and player hahaha, noone ever agrees with me but im in love with fenders, you might even wanna look into those for a first acoustic.
thanks for all the help, and mr.feather, i have worryingly long fingers so hopefully they'll do
this is a mini-dread laminate top guitar. i almost bought one because i like small guitars, but unplugged it didn't sound too good, and as usual, quality with ibanez isn't the best.

you might look for the best acoustic electric yamaha - NOT a thin body model like the APX series - and buy that. if you didn't want electronics, i'd say get a seagull original s6 - great sound, wider neck, well made. a wonderful guitar, but when you throw electronics into the mix in this price range, you'll often need to compromise on guitar quality to pay for the electronics.

here is one you might like -
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FG-Series-FGX720SCA-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=513387
solid top, yamaha quality, good sound. narrower neck, which i don't care for, but you might.

Quote by Dmt8jr
well i dont know as far as electro's but this is such a beautiful sounding guitar
http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-DT100ECENT

i reccomend any ibanez in particular, they are great acoustics.
although im a fender fan and player hahaha, noone ever agrees with me but im in love with fenders, you might even wanna look into those for a first acoustic.
Quote by CashCow
hi, looking to buy my first acoustic (learnt everything on electric) to take away so i dont bring my amp etc to uni (too loud etc)

prefer it to be an electro acoustic

have 200-400 to spend

thanks for any help

Ideally you should have a hard case for the instrument, so consider that in your budget.

Not many (if any) in that price range will come with a hard case.

As Paticake said, Yamaha's are pretty popular over here and do make a nice enough guitar.

Also look at Tanglewoods, as they are pretty much one of the best buys in the UK.

Tanglewoods, scroll down

If you can stretch another £50, get a a Faith Eclipse series. All solid wood, hard case. And THE best VFM in the UK..and probably elsewhere too. Assuming you get on with it. You can't buy better for the money and you wouldn't need to buy another guitar after that.

Faith Saturn £450

Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Aug 18, 2010,