So I'm looking to pick up a second amp to keep in my bedroom (My legacy is in the basement with most of my gear), and to take for smaller shows. Shooting for a 1x12.

I need to use it for blues/classic rock type music, think SRV, dire straits, hendrix, etc.

Budget is 400-450 used. Located in MN

At the moment I'm looking at the Fender Blues Deluxe and Traynor YCV50blue.

Any opinions on these two would be welcome, and if you have other recs I'd appreciate that too.
The V30 and EL34's on the Traynor do it for me personally but both are fine choices.

I may be biased though because I have a thing for dark british amps
Bugera V22 is actually a good option. It's an original design by them and sounds pretty great IMO. No reliability issues either AFAIK.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Used Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender 65 Princeton
Laney VC15/LC15 though I doubt it's good value there in the states.
The cheaper Egnaters
Blackhearts

I find Audio Kitchen amps really endearing...it'd be cool if you got that haha. I have no idea about the price though.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by Raijouta
Bugera V22 is actually a good option. It's an original design by them and sounds pretty great IMO. No reliability issues either AFAIK.

But yeah, other than that, I'll second the V22 for a try-out.
Quote by NakedInTheRain

But yeah, other than that, I'll second the V22 for a try-out.

No srsly, it apparently actually is an original design.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Hard to go past the Traynor.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You've got some good options from the other guys, but I'm going to throw out the Peavey Classic 30. You should be able to get it used for your budget, and it's a tidy amp.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
i would say american voiced for what you want to play.

i'd be on the lookout for a used custom vibrolux, princeton reverb ri or deluxe reverb ri. even a prosonic or supersonic if they show up on clist cheap enough.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Section 5
You've got some good options from the other guys, but I'm going to throw out the Peavey Classic 30. You should be able to get it used for your budget, and it's a tidy amp.

I have to agree, just chunk a V-30 speaker in it and it'll be more than you ever need.
I've heard that musicmaster bass amp used with a gorilla SS and a superchamp xd and it got the best SRV tone I've ever heard... I mean all three together did. I must admit, though, that the guy was a lifetime tinkerer and I doubt any of it was stock.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Thanks for the recs guys!

Greg - Would you put the princeton and deluxe reverbs above the blues deluxe? I don't have a whole lot of experience with fender amps beyond the twin reverb.

DAMMIT. Now you have me GASing for a supersonic, but I can't find anything cheaper than 750...

Edit: I'll check out that musicmaster.
Last edited by denied at Aug 18, 2010,
In that price range and for what you're looking for, the Traynor is damn near impossible to beat IMO.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by denied

Greg - Would you put the princeton and deluxe reverbs above the blues deluxe? I don't have a whole lot of experience with fender amps beyond the twin reverb.

Oh God YES.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone likes a nice BJ. But the Princeton and DR play in a different league. Some people dislike the latter when it's cranked, apparently it sounds shrill then. I have only played one at moderate volumes, so I can't tell, but it sounded good to me on recordings.
The Princeton is just all around sweet, but I guess you won't have the chance to crank it in your bedroom. Put a Strat and an OD in front of it and basically you're set.

You might also want to look into a Fender Champ (or clones thereof).
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by TheQuailman
Everyone likes a nice BJ.

Had to quote the relevant part.

Carry on.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^^Lol. I put it like that on purpose.

^Kyle's gonna ban your sorry ass once he comes across this.

5E3 is actually a good suggestion though. How much do the reissues/clones go for in the States, anyway?
Qualiman - I was talking about a blues deluxe, not a blues junior. Lower priced fender in any case, but seems to have a smoother drive than the others I checked out.

In any case the princeton and deluxe reverb both seems closer to the 700 range on the used market. Trust me I would love a supersonic or even a 5E3, but I just don't want to spend that much on something that won't be my main amp.

I checked out the music master, it seemed a little grainy for my tastes.

Any opinions on the vibrochamp? They seem to go for pretty cheap, but again seemed a little thin sounding to me.