Is anyone still using a Boss Gt-5?
Ive just got hold of one and want to get a good 80s rock sound for going straight into a mixing desk. Most of the settings ive found online are either to "metally" or they dont have that tube vibe to them. Any assistance would be appreciated.
I know most people have moved on to Line 6 POD xt... etc but I cant run to one of those yet!
Why not just play around with it till you find your own unique sound...copying ANYONES settings is lame
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by rdobson2
Why not just play around with it till you find your own unique sound...copying ANYONES settings is lame

It may be lam to you, but it may also give someone with less experience a good starting point to create their own sounds.
I guess where i'm coming from is theres people out there who know these thing inside out and know what works and what doesnt. I could play around with it for years and still not come close to what someone with experience can achieve.
Once ive got a workable basic rock sound that I can use successfully in my setup then that will give me a good platform to play around on and truly start to learn what the unit can do. I'm the stage at the moment like a kid in a candy store - lots of effects and parameters to try but i dont which ones will taste good together!!!
Quote by rdobson2
You are strong with the fail my son.