I search bar'd it and couldnt find anything so here we go!
So I thinking about selling My 7 string shecter and Getting the Six string Ibanez XPT700. I love the way the red chemelon paint looks, the shape, the sound,the neck. The only reason I havent gotten one yet even though I have drooled over them for years Is that damned Edge 3. I have been waiting to see if on the newer models they would change this.

How hard is it to drop in a OFR? The sticky said its a direct drop in. My question is HOW do I drop it in Like what do I have to do? Or should I have it taken somewhere to have this done? Will it boter performance?

My second question is where can I find good OFR new for a good price? I know what im getting myself into. My last few guitars all had LFRs or OFRs. I can get them set up and everything in about 15 mins. Haha I got good at it quick so if I ever had to change a tuning real fast I could. xD

Sorry bout the wall of txt and my bad grammer. So yall think you can help a Mex out?
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Floyd roses are notoriously hard to change from whatever they're in quickly. I'd keep your current guitar and just save for the ibanez.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
Floyd roses are notoriously hard to change from whatever they're in quickly. I'd keep your current guitar and just save for the ibanez.

He is saving for the Ibanez. He wants to swap it's Edge III for an OFR.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I got an Ibanez rg 420 fairly recently and I was considering doing the same thing you were doing. I can't remember who persuaded me, but if you give the Edge 3 a chance, it actually isn't bad. It gained its reputation from people who didn't set it up right originally. Granted, it's a pain at first, but I barely have to retune it now a days.
But to actually give you a legitimate response, the best price I've seen was at Beyond Eleven.
Quote by druggietoad2k5

Maybe if you didnt spend hours practicing like I did on all my friends guitars! lol
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I would buy the guitar and use the hell out of the Edge 3 until it needs replacing. There is no need in replacing something right away that is perfectly fine. I had the Ibanez RGR420EX with the Edge three and it was a great bridge I actually preferred it over the LFR and OFR.

Best idea in this thread. Replace it down the road if you have to, but in the meantime, see how it holds up.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by STABxYOU

He is saving for the Ibanez. He wants to swap it's Edge III for an OFR.

He said he would sell his current guitar for the Ibanez. Read it again.

Quote by Sicon
Maybe if you didnt spend hours practicing like I did on all my friends guitars! lol

Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

It's not a direct swap. The OFR's baseplate is larger than the route AND the locking screws stick out a bit far. You would need to enlarge the route a bit. FWIW, Ibanez should be emabarassed for putting an edge III on a $700 guitar (or any guitar over $4-500).
Buddy of mine never really had any trouble with his so idk. I figured I would see if it gave me any trouble if not then hey no need to replace it. IM just trying to cover my bases
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
The Edge III really isn't that bad. I also strongly agree with Way Cool JR..

Ibanez is a ridiculously innovative company. There's a reason they still use Edge III's so much: Because they're really not as bad as people say they are. They get a bad rep from people who don't know how to handle FR bridges, but with your experience you should have no trouble with it.

Also, basically: Don't fix what aint' broke'.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I cant wait to get my greasy little sammich makeing fingures on this guitar! Its my first Ibby and it just looks sick! I bet those pups are gonna scream through my mesa to. Ahhhhh i cant wait!!!!!
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member