Hey i am planning on getting a new 7string guitar soon. It will be my first 7 string and i do not want to throw down too much money on it. I currently own a Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX so I know what a Schecter is like. I was leaning more towards Ibby or Agile since its differnt.
So i have heard that Agile's are really good for the price. I was looking at the Interceptor Pro. But I want a guitar with a fixed bridge, I want to be free to change tunings and stuff so I do not want a Floating bridge.
I was also looking at the Ibanez RGA72QM. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGA72QM-Electric-Guitar?sku=584133

Now which guitar would you recommend I buy ? Does the Agile Interceptor come without a Floating Bridge? Because i really like the ebony fretboard on it, and the pickups.
Any other recommendations?
Also what are the differences between the Interceptor, Interceptor Pro, Septor and Septor pro ?
O and i'd prefer a set-neck.
Last edited by Aditya_ram at Aug 20, 2010,
If youre happy with schecter and are used to the width of the neck I'd stay with the schecter.
I had alwasy played schecter before I bought my first 7 string, so I bought an Ibanez and the neck was too flat and thin, although Agiles seem to be getting great reviews here and on sevenstring.org but they are rare to come across in a store therefore hard to try before you buy.
i want the agile. see, i live in india and u only get ESP's, Ibanez's and a few Schecter's here. no agiles. but my parents are visiting the USA soon so i might ask them to pick up a 7-stringer since its way cheaper there than it is here.
well if you parents are going to the US you will want to order the guitar to what ever address theyre staying at. considering they are bought online. so the moment they get there they should order the guitar and set delievery for over night so it arrives when theyre still there.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
are agiles available to be bought at stores like guitarcenter or is online booking the only way to get it ?
i wont be able to test it, but its not a problem.
please recommend which guitar to consider ? i dont want the floating bridge on the agile. everything else about the Interceptor is awesome! Except the licensed floyd!
Agiles are not sold in any stores new.

I found mine at Sam Ash as someone had brought it in as used. I got it for 380.00.

The Agiles are great guitars. I was skeptical just seeing them online but mine plays great. Prob never get rid of it.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Aditya_ram
Does the Agile Interceptor come without a Floating Bridge?

Interceptors have a trem, Septors do not.

Pro model usually indicates neck through.

Great guitars. I love all of my Agiles
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Aug 20, 2010,
Pro = neck thru not set neck

At least my Interceptor Pro is neck through
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by srob7001 at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by srob7001
Pro = neck thru not set neck

At least my Interceptor Pro is neck through

That's what I meant
me=
Guitar Center had a Schecter Revenger 7 used for $140. It's not listed now, so probably sold. Seemed like a stellar price.
but the agile septor pro doesn't have emg's right ? which pickups does the Septor pro come with ?
Pickups can be swapped, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Guitar construction and playability should be the first things you worry about.

You can always change the PU's later if you end up not liking them.

You can always get the Interceptor Pro and block the trem, that way you can change tunnings easily and still have great tunning stability since you can lock it down once in tune.

Plus it will have better resale value since it has a floating trem.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
ok cool. but where do i get the agile from ? it'll be easier if i can just walk into a store or a dealer's place and buy it. where do you get them normally ? in places like Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, New York etc.
rondomusic is the only place that sells them new.

To find it used is just kind of luck.

The Sam Ash near me had 2 8-string and 1 7-string used when I went in. And I've seen them for sell on Craigslist as well, but your best bet is to buy from Rondo.

Get them now while they last at the low cost. They have already gone up in price once and I can almost but guarantee they will go up in price again soon. It's really too good of a guitar at the price they sell them for.

I have this strong feeling that within the next 5-10 years Agile will be a mainstream brand and will be sold in guitar stores, but at that point they will deff cost more.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
eeehhhmm.....sorry for my intromision and my english but i can do a post. someone here can help me please