Hey,

I recently bought a Bugera 6262 and i can honestly say i love it. The things absolutely epic, especially the distortion. Unfortunatly thogh, i dunno if its just my amp, but the clean channel is pretty bad imo. It never goes totally clean and there is always some sort of overdrive present on it, even if it is relatively mild. Still a pain in the ass though. Its probably cause ive got a guitar with actves & they push the tubes harder or somethin which causes breakup. Am i right here?

Is there anything i can do to make it more transparent sounding? Ive heard the cleans are ment to be realy good on it, but mine sounds mince. I'd beaswell playing through a micro marshall amp =/
Quote by kurdtkobaign

On the other hand, if your mids are at zero and youre trying for a live gig situation - best of luck. Might as well just get a bass and put fuzz over it.
Have you tried turning the volume down on your guitar?
What setting are you using for cleans?
Do you need to switch mid song?
Have you tried a different preamp tube in V1?

Maybe a Tung Sol or Sovtek would work in V1. You could also experiment with a 12AT7 tube. The preamp tubes they use are pretty naf anyway so new tubes may go along way as well as a rebias. Hit up the Bugera Users Militia Thread - they probably have some ideas.
What are your settings?

Also, if you haven't biased yet, that will help too.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Cleans are actually very nice on mine. It just takes some tricks to get it right. If you have singlecoils or can coil tap, then that's a good place to start. If you've just got a regular H-H configuration, then choose both pickups at the same time and fiddle with the guitar's volume control. Chorus, compression is always good to give it some colour. It's not a great clean amp like a Fender, but it's tweakable. I managed to get some pretty good clean tones out with my Ibanez XPT700 which is just regular H-H, and with my new Ibanez SV5470F that is H/SH/ and can be tapped into a true S/S/S configuration, the tones are just heavenly on single coil mode.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Yeah, tried turning down the volume on the guitar, no joy there.
bass 7 mid 4 trebel 6 volume 1 gain 1(below it is too quet)

Nah i didnt even think of that. Right now its got the stock tubes in it. Im not too good with the tube & biasing stuff. If i cant find anythin in that thread then i guess its worth a shot getting them replaced.

Cheers man (:
Quote by kurdtkobaign

On the other hand, if your mids are at zero and youre trying for a live gig situation - best of luck. Might as well just get a bass and put fuzz over it.
I tried it on my mockinbird st without doing the coil tap or anything and it sounds a whole lot better. I think its probably the actives in my Alexi-600 thats doing it.
Quote by kurdtkobaign