Hello all,

I know the bass forums are swamped with questions such as these, but i'm in a situation where I could purchase a Markbass F1 500w head and two SWR Workingman Cabinets (a 2x12 and 4x10). Now, as a bass player who has neglected to purchase a nice amp for years, this looks spectacular to me.

Before I take the plunge, is this package viable? Will it sound perty with the 4ohms deal? I don't have a lot of experience with heads/cabinets because i've played combo amps for all of my career. Any words of advice, criticism, or insult?

Thanks again for the help, or the non-help, in advance.

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II / RBH410 x2
Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
Sounds good to me
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Again, sorry for the ignorance into wattage and all that, but since the head is 300w at 8ohms, and 500w at 4 ohms, and the cabinets both have 400w RMS, the wattage is split? It can run with no problems, right?

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
yep. You could use either single cab for a small gig and both cabs for a larger gig if you chose to, it would be fine.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
That's a great stack, go for it!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Best part? He's selling everything for $850, and throwing in an Ibanez Gio (unknown which kind) for free as well. Are these basses good at all, haha?

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
They're not bad basses, but they're more or less the Squier Affinitys of Ibanez if that gives you a better idea.

And damn you that's an incredible price.
That's an incredible deal. Take it!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Maybe once I get it i'll post some pictures... it does look extremely beautiful.

Goodbye, money for next semester!

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
Get it now, or I will. Nah, really though. I really dig the Markbass stuff...and swr's look sexy. Not to mention, they're really clean amps. Not much color, just pure headroom.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5