Would the battery casing (or whatever it's called, the thing in which you mount the battery) for a 9v battery fit in the compartment of an RGA (which normally uses two 1.5 V batteries)? Without additional routing, I mean.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
technically yes but why would you want a 9V battery in something that's only built to take 3V???
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
technically yes

I need a certain answer unfortunately.

Quote by Dempsey68

but why would you want a 9V battery in something that's only built to take 3V???

In case I want to change to other active pickups (Blackouts).

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
No it does not.

Which RGA do you have? I have the RGA7 and assuming they have the same 3V battery box (which they almost definately do) then a 9V will not fit, the cavity is too shallow to fit the battery in alone let alone the box for it as well.

The 3V battery case is just screwed in with 4 screws its very easy to take out if you really wanner check the dimensions. To mod it all you would need to do is make the cavity deep enough for a 9V box, pretty simple.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
No it does not.

Which RGA do you have? I have the RGA7 and assuming they have the same 3V battery box (which they almost definately do) then a 9V will not fit, the cavity is too shallow to fit the battery in alone let alone the box for it as well.

The 3V battery case is just screwed in with 4 screws its very easy to take out if you really wanner check the dimensions. To mod it all you would need to do is make the cavity deep enough for a 9V box, pretty simple.

Ah, shit. I had the RGA42 in mind actually, but the box is the same. I don't want to have to butcher the guitar, so scratch that idea.

Anyways, thanks for the clarification.

In that case just put the 9V in the main electronics cavity, it will fit.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
In that case just put the 9V in the main electronics cavity, it will fit.

Yeah, that would be the easy option, but seeing as how there already was a cavity in the guitar anyway, why not put it to use? Shame the 9v won't fit.