I just tested a pair at Best Buy and they sound awesome, but for £250 i'm not sure if they're worth splashing out for.

Can anyone recommend a decent set that won't break the bank? Just something that won't lose clarity at high volumes so I don't have to annoy the neighbours when playing.

Thanks.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Aug 18, 2010,
They're complete and utter shit.

They break easily, the sound quality is shocking for the money, the quality control is so unreliable that every pair i've sold at work i've had back for a refund because they're terrible.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
They're pretty crap for their price.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I like the Ear Pollution stuff - not sure where to buy it in the UK, but they can be gotten cheap online, and if you go direct you can get custom colours and stuff. The sound quality is great too, and they definitely don't break the bank - around £50 max, I think.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I like them, but they're waaaaay overpriced. The sound quality is good, just not £250 good. Look into some of the suggestions the guys are giving you.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
I have to say that I tried these at Best Buy Lakeside a few weeks back and they did not sound great at all, they had majorly weak bass and a fragile top end. I can imagine if someone did not have an ear for such things they would sound nice but since I do have an ear for such things they just did not cut it. 10 years of top end Denon amp matched with M&K speakers will give you the ear!

The Denons sat next to them for half the price (AH-P372's) sounded way better and so did the £40 skull candy things I tried. Defiantly not worth the moolah
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Aug 18, 2010,
I was completly unaware that we have Best Buy in this country.

I tried some of those Dr. Dre headphones in HMV a couple months back, I thought they sounded really good, but then I saw the price, what a joke.

You can get Sennheiser/Bose headphones for under £100 that sound as good if not better.

Even those Skull Candy ones are decent, and cheap (but stay away from their ear bud type ones, they sound awful).
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I like them, but that's just me, sometimes its nice to put on loud music or hip hop with a lot of bass and feel your head shaking. But really, I only like them for that purpose. That and being on a plane or a bus and not having to blast the volume on 10 to hear my music.

Otherwise... they're not good for accurate sound reproduction. There is far too much bass, so they're not exactly the best for clarity either. The build quality is also not that good. For the clearest sound and more accurate reproduction, check out ACDCrocks's suggestions with the Grados.
I too have heard good things about sennheisers. I own a pair of *puts up flame shield* Bose headphones. Audiophiles flame me, but I like them.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Meh like with every product people love and hate them. I just bought my pair last weekend. Amazing if you ask me. Garbage if you ask someone else. Don't take a word for it though. GL
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Grado SR60i
Grado SR40i
Sony MDR V6

Agree with the Grado SR60i, don't own them but have heard incredibly good things about them and have read very good reviews about them as well. But they look kind of weird so i wouldn't really go outside with these on. lol
The thing about the Grado ones I suggested is that they are semi open back and thus will not keep sound in well. In other words, people around you will be able to hear what you are listening to pretty easily. That said, if you don't care about that, then Grado cans are simply the best for the money in terms of sound quality.