Page 1 of 2
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38740099/ns/technology_and_science-games/

I can sum it up for you, in the new Medal of Honer you can play as a Taliban on multiplayer and apparently there's quite a bit of controversy over the matter. so what do you guys think? is it a big deal? or are people just ****ing stupid?

honestly, almost all other games are the same way...most of the World War 2 based Call of Duty's you would be Axis and be against other players who were allies, its no different then if someone in another country were to play a game where we are their enemy.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Oh so as soon as the Taliban are involved it's bad but the ''No Russian'' level in COD is fine?

-.-
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
You can be the Taliban (or at least, a group heavily based on the Taliban) on COD, but it's just called OpFor.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Could care less. It's a game and a lot of people like to start stupid stuff through them. Bring on Medal Of Honor, I want it day 1
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by Paramore.
Couldn't care less. It's a game and a lot of people like to start stupid stuff through them. Bring on Medal Of Honor, I want it day 1

I'm sorry. Bad grammar annoys me.
Carmel is hawt
It's multiplayer, of course its gonna need two factions. In the the past it has been the Nazis and Japanese ,etc so what different now? Honestly though it's just American media cashing in our current conflict (how sick are they?) I hope when our generation is of age we can rid ourselves of the current middle eastern xenophobia forced upon us by the media.
Quote by Paramore.
Could care less. It's a game and a lot of people like to start stupid stuff through them. Bring on Medal Of Honor, I want it day 1

You mean "couldn't care less"...

EDIT: Damn you whoever beat me to it. Damn you to a made-up hell.
Last edited by br33dlove at Aug 18, 2010,
People complain about anything nowadays. We've had 20 years of killing video-game Russians and Germans, why is this so different?
Yes, because we're clearly all going to become terrorist

Muhammad Jihad durka durka
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Ir a+infinitive
or are people just ****ing stupid?

It's not honerable to judge people like that.

I don't think the world is up in arms about it, just a few news stations. It makes for interesting articles.
You can play as the Taliban on Modern Warfare 2.

As somebody said, someone has to play the baddy.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
People complain about anything nowadays. We've had 20 years of killing video-game Russians and Germans, why is this so different?

Because the Taliban are terrorists through Islam, and you know how Islam seems to be the root of all evil, so by playing as an Islamic terrorist, the entire world will become Taliban.

-.-!
Carmel is hawt
I'm actually split on this one, but I do think that because the game is being released whilst people are still being killed in Afghanistan, then it is of bad taste to release such a game. I think it is much different if the war is over than if fighting is still continuing with further deaths all the time.
Does anyone honestly give a **** about video games? I'd think they should be more concerned with the REAL Taliban.
Quote by MakinLattes
this is absolutely correct. it is a colloquialism. thank you for using it.

Perhaps.

Shame it doesn't make any fucking sense.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by MakinLattes
this is absolutely correct. it is a colloquialism. thank you for using it.

Round here people say 'Couldn't care less'. You know cause we're like, not retarded.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I'm sorry. Bad grammar annoys me.

Thank you for that correction :p
I think we're the only two people on the internet who knows its 'couldn't'.
edit: didnt see the other people mentioning it. I love this place!
Gets on my nerves every time, the grammar nazi that I am.

As for this game. Its just MW2 with a different name, I saw one trailer and havnt bothered to look any further into it..
Last edited by 771M at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by Todd Hart
Round here people say 'Couldn't care less'. You know cause we're like, not retarded.

The one who just said it wrong is from the UK.

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope

I'm from the UK and I corrected him. ¬_¬
Carmel is hawt
in Day Of Defeat, we play as straight up Nazis, preventing the US from capturing the beach

really though, I don't see what the problem is. There needs to be a WWII game where the campaign mode is controlling the Axis. The game would be so sad because you would LOSE.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
So? Can't be as bad as going for a shoot up at the local airport like in MW2.

Come to think of it, it can't nearly be as bad as half the things I do on GTA, and they weren't even part of the plot.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by El Hilliaro
So? Can't be as bad as going for a shoot up at the local airport like in MW2.

Come to think of it, it can't nearly be as bad as half the things I do on GTA, and they weren't even part of the plot.

Those were the good times.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Gyroscope

Yeah the UK is quite a big place y'know.
How's this any different than the countless games where you have to kill Russians, or Germans?

I can't wait to play this.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
How's this any different than the countless games where you have to kill Russians, or Germans?

I can't wait to play this.

Because the Russians/Germans are perceived as being the 'bad guys', as if such a thing even exists, so it's perfectly fine to kill them by the hundreds. That seems to be the opinion anyway.
Honer

How ackward
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I'm from the UK and I corrected him. ¬_¬

Well I'm just saying it's not just Americans that say it wrong.

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by eazy-c
Perhaps.

Shame it doesn't make any fucking sense.

maybe, but you do know what it means.

Quote by Todd Hart

well, 'round here, people know what the word "colloquialism" means, and realize that such terms don't need to make grammatical sense.

Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 18, 2010,
Wow, it ****ing amazes me that people gives a shit? Out of all this issues in the world this is what they focus on. They need to ****ing get a life.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Todd Hart
You can play as the Taliban on Modern Warfare 2.

As somebody said, someone has to play the baddy.

You can? Is the Taliban even mentioned in that game?
Quote by MakinLattes
maybe, but you do know what it means.

well, 'round here, people know what the word "colloquialism" means, and realize that such terms don't need to make grammatical sense.

All language should make a appropriate grammatical sense, regardless of the fact it is only in use by a specific community or in a particular area.
Sure man, the bush administration spent a trillion dollars trying to get Americans to hate the Taliban, you wouldn't want some stupid game undermining that.
Page 1 of 2