I did this late last night, mainly cause I was bored, and I wanted to see if I could get a good tone using the Nick Crow 8505, otherwise a VST amp of the 6505. I don't have an interface, just the line in on the back of my computer, used an old drum track. It's an improv so if things sound out of key, then yeah, sorry.

Hows the tone? It's only single tracked, and no bass guitar.

EDIT: Here's the link, sorry guys.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play883859
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Aug 18, 2010,
I'm assuming it's the one titled Random Heavy Beasting on VK, using BKP Painkiller in your profile. Tone was pretty decent but sounded a little grainy and unrefined duirng palm mutes. Sounded a lot like your influences in your profile so good job there. The rest of the mix was done well though. Good job
Quote by bdof
I'm assuming it's the one titled Random Heavy Beasting on VK, using BKP Painkiller in your profile. Tone was pretty decent but sounded a little grainy and unrefined duirng palm mutes. Sounded a lot like your influences in your profile so good job there. The rest of the mix was done well though. Good job

Oh, shoot, I forgot the link, no, that's not it, that was with my VK not the 8505, here, I'll edit with the link.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Oh, shoot, I forgot the link, no, that's not it, that was with my VK not the 8505, here, I'll edit with the link.

Well since I reviewed one song already and am about to review another maybe you can also review my other song

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341315

EDIT: reviewing newer one now...
Last edited by bdof at Aug 18, 2010,
Ok. so the link sent me to one called "Nick Crow 8505(no Interface) Tone Demo 2", so I hope it's right this time.

I liked this newer one a lot more then the last, tonewise and for the riffs. The riffs were much more likely to stick in my head due to the catchyness of them. Tone was also a lot better this time around, as well as a solid EQing for the entire mix. Song structure was also quite good with the natural flow from section to section. Very good job sir
tone was decent, would sound better double tracked and a bit punchier, but some bass and mastering might do the trick just fine.