Basically I was playing guitar normally through my amp (an mg30dfx, 30 watts) when randomly the volume just went. And turning it up didn't help at all.. I left it for a week and it worked then for about 10 mins then went again.. I think it's the same as this guy https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484510&highlight=mg30 and I was wondering of there was any way of just fixing it pretty cheaply? If not what amps would you suggest to buy? I've had it for 4 years now and this is the first time I've had any problems with it. I would have rarely put it over volume of 5... Please help!
battery dead in guitar with active pups?

,>,>
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Check the wires connecting the speaker in the back. Mine always used to wiggle loose and cut in and out. I taped them on.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I think the MG is the problem!

Solid state amps like that aren't worth much attention in fixing. Unless, of course it isn't the amp that is broken. It could be the guitar or even a cable...
If you plan on buying a new amp we need to know your budget, styles etc.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
MightySkewer - I commend you for doing some research first so I won't flame you.

Along with checking the things already mentioned, also please check the insert jack connection on the inside of the amp. I hear they have a tendency to break. If it is not plastic, you might be able to resolder it (or reclip it). But yeah, you've actually had the amp a fair bit of time so for a lower cost SS amp I think you have gone the distance.
Thanks all by the sounds of things my amp is getting old, it just keeps happening.. Thanks for the suggestions anyhoo!