i have about £800 to spend on a new guitar. i want something that is versatile but can really rock aswel. i have been looking at a few schecters, c-1 classic and custom. can any body help me with a few more suggestions please. thankyou
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
Fender USA fat strat
Way better quality then schecters.
Depends what you are looking for though but new schecters arent worth the price in the uk. Could buy 2 used schecters for that price
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Aug 18, 2010,
Schecters are great guitars, in my experience. There are also good, quality Ibanez for your price range, and even some LTDs. If you go the used route, you could get even better quality gear at a fraction of the price, though.
well my washburn x50 pro q is great but i dunno if they make them anymore. It is very versatile. I go from teh brootz to teh not so brootz quite easily
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
For around 800 he could probably get 2 washburn x50s, one with emgs, one with duncans and they'll probably be just as good as the schecters.
Quote by coolstoryangus
For around 800 he could probably get 2 washburn x50s, one with emgs, one with duncans and they'll probably be just as good as the schecters.

they are really great guitars as well. so really go for something that you like. schecters = thick neck. Ibanez = very thin. If you tell me a little more of what you play i can suggest something that would be more inclined to your tastes
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
You could probably find a Gibson SG for that. Or did you want a guitar made for metal that you can get more classic sounds out of? Maybe a Cort M series?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i dont like metal. i play alot of moder rock, rhcp, muse, a7x, parmore. i like a warmer soundting tone. i have an ibanez s470 but dont like it at all anymore
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
Quote by coolstoryangus

probably. assuming "just as good" means "better".

or better plan is just to get one and then save the rest, or get a more different style of guitar.

There's nothing really wrong with schecters, per se, just they're awful dear here in the UK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
american fat strat then
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Quote by Dave_Mc
probably. assuming "just as good" means "better".

or better plan is just to get one and then save the rest, or get a more different style of guitar.

There's nothing really wrong with schecters, per se, just they're awful dear here in the UK.

Basically yeah. Thats what i was getting at with the "you could get 2 thing" wasnt really being 100% serious
There's an Ibanez S series that's around 500USD. I'm to lazy to convert exactly, but that should be close to your price range if it's still around 2 to 1 exchange rate.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by coolstoryangus
Basically yeah. Thats what i was getting at with the "you could get 2 thing" wasnt really being 100% serious

yeah i know, i was just making sure he realised that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How about a Fender American Standard Highway One FAt Srat. It is very versatile and has large frets that are easy to access and both single and double coil pick ups.

ron666