An Ibanez S series or the jackson SLSMG3? The local guitar center doesn't have the jackson for me to compare the two.
Pretty sure the s will be thinner bro. On an S series they have to have a top mounted input jack because the body is too thin to have one at the usual spot but the slsmg has it at the usual place.
S series. Either way if you're looking at buying one I'd definitely choose the S series, mine plays like a dream.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
I love my S, its the only non japan made ibanez I own.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab

Yeah...s series are awesome.
I love mine
Good thread idea OP, not sure why you were talking about the jackson though.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Aug 18, 2010,
Definitely the S series. Jacksons aren't bad guitars by any means, but if you have the cash, invest in an S Prestige, you'll be blown away by how thin they are, the tone pallet they have, and if you get one with the ZR system and all its newer components, you'll never buy anything else.

This was the closest jackson have been to the s series with the shape etc.
Its called the jackson stealth they dont make them anymore. There was only mij ones i think.
Quote by coolstoryangus

This was the closest jackson have been to the s series with the shape etc.
Its called the jackson stealth they dont make them anymore. There was only mij ones i think.

Yep, I have a stealth I bought new from l and m music back in 96. First thing I ever financed lol.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by X V I I
Definitely the S series. Jacksons aren't bad guitars by any means, but if you have the cash, invest in an S Prestige, you'll be blown away by how thin they are, the tone pallet they have, and if you get one with the ZR system and all its newer components, you'll never buy anything else.

I have fell fowl to this

All I want are S series Ibanez these days and in a few months I will have an Ibanez S8570-HG J Custom
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by X V I I
How so, good sir?

In that I cannot even look at another guitar anymore. Nothing feels quite as good as my S series Ibanez guitars. Its like I am married to them.......

Just can't wait to get my Ibanez S J Custom!
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I have the new Ibanez S5EX1 in transparent gray at guitar center in layaway. I'm only $185 from bringing it home. I just wondered about the Jackson cause I saw Gojira using them and they looked to be pretty thin.

Are the new S series really not as thin? I thought the regular S were as thin, but the new SA series are the thicker ones. is that right?
Last edited by shmoener at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by coolstoryangus
I mean the newer s series in general arent as thin as the ones from the 80s/90s etc.

and non prestige ones arent as thin as prestiges

to the TS,never played a slsmg,sorry

this is my s from the store pic because i bought it from the used section of guitarguitar however the colour in person is more turquoise but its a kick ass guitar
Its an s440 and it was before they put the tin foil trs trems on the 400 series guitars
and yes its really thin and light but it sounds great
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Aug 19, 2010,
Alot of the older s's from the late 80s/early 90s have the hss setup they're not incredibly hard to find.
Is it an S or an SA? They're not the same...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
holy necrobump batman
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Well now I feel retarded.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X