I'm kinda doubting there is but is there any website that is specifically designed for uploading your samples/beats/melodies or whole songs to sell to people? I've kind of given up on being noticed and signed because its basically based on luck nowadays, but still have a lot of good stuff that i wrote that i wouldnt mind making some money off of.

thanks
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
There's a site called the 61 where you can do that, but people have to find and download your music, then you can upload a certain number of songs. After a point you can upload as many as you want, group them into a cd, and sell it.
Quote by AthenasGhost
I've kind of given up on being noticed and signed because its basically based on luck nowadays.

I don't know if this is considered advertising, but have you heard of 5LineRecords? They're basically signing nearly everyone who asks because they have some sort of sales method that allows them to do so.
Quote by WizMystery
I don't know if this is considered advertising, but have you heard of 5LineRecords? They're basically signing nearly everyone who asks because they have some sort of sales method that allows them to do so.

ill check it out. but its also not so much the fact that i just want to get signed for the sake of being signed. ive been a musician for half of my life and have decided that its going to be something that more than likely i will be doing in my spare time, i just wouldnt mind making a few dollars off of it in the process. thanks though, ill check it out.

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Quote by AthenasGhost
I've kind of given up on being noticed and signed because its basically based on luck nowadays

how hard have you tried to get noticed and signed, and for how long?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by AthenasGhost
ill check it out. but its also not so much the fact that i just want to get signed for the sake of being signed. ive been a musician for half of my life and have decided that its going to be something that more than likely i will be doing in my spare time, i just wouldnt mind making a few dollars off of it in the process. thanks though, ill check it out.

They do this trial thing where you can leave the label whenever you want, so there's not much of a risk and no harm in trying.
Quote by theogonia777
how hard have you tried to get noticed and signed, and for how long?

well i've only been playing for 10 years. with my band for two, we've sent in demos, entered tons of contests, had radio time, ive showed my music around, we've played numerous venues across the city and it all leads us to a dead end. im not saying its not possible but the industry is very competitive nowadays, and im 18 now and i guess i could say my priorities have changed because theres only so much time i would be willing to risk and put into it now.

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
The music industry is a bitch. There is a lot of risk and hard work in it. Besides, with tools like social networking, digital distribution and all sorts of other free/cheap ways to get your name out there, you can make a decent living as a musician without a record label. Sure, you don't have some big wig exec with billions of corporate dollars they can throw your way going the indie route but you have much more freedom.

If you haven't already taken some time to study how the music industry works, I'd suggest hitting up your local bookstore or library and reading/buying/checking out some books on it. It will change your perspectives on things a little bit.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp