i like the metal cover look to the pickups, im playing a 7string. Is there any very high output PUs with the metal covers option???

I googled for some 7string SD blackouts with covers, but no luck, except for the 6string version of the blackouts, but those won't obviously fit, so that's out of the question.

Thanks in advance!
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Aug 18, 2010,
I believe bareknuckle will do this for you, but don't quote me on that.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
TS, you could simply search part sites for pickup covers.

1. Buy yourself some 7string Blackouts.
2. Buy the pickup covers from a parts site.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Edit: Maybe this bare knuckles site sells their pickup covers separately?
You can buy EMG bass covers, which are the same as the EMG 707 covers, they should fit most pickups.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Maybe this bare knuckles site sells their pickup covers separately?

They won't, I asked Tim a few weeks ago and he said they're for sale with his pickups only, which means I have to buy a matching Painkiller to go with the one I have, otherwise is gonna look stupid cause it has a black cover and those aren't really available anywhere in the same black color as his
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 18, 2010,
Get a 7 string Bare Knuckle with a cover, that's what I'd do.

I have a wierd craving for a 7 string lately, I never thought I'd say that.
I won't buy one though.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I think he's looking for a nickel cover for 7-string pickups, which don't exist in the aftermarket. BK most likely has them custom made, and I thought they only offer them in black anyways? That would defeat the purpose of putting them on.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
I think he's looking for a nickel cover for 7-string pickups, which don't exist in the aftermarket. BK most likely has them custom made, and I thought they only offer them in black anyways? That would defeat the purpose of putting them on.

thnx alot! yeah the black color would defeat this purpose haha, BUT i found some PUs finally that are pretty high output... bk Warpigs 7string set (they do nickle, raw nickle, chrome, and some other stuff)-but those materials can still be colored black (which I was going for a "shine" to the PUs) SO I'll have to contact them personally 1st to find out if they actually make their 'nickle' covers *chrome-y* nickle.
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Aug 18, 2010,
Wait, TS.. Why do you need covers for your blackouts? they're just plain black anyway..
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
are there really any 7/8 string pickups that aren't high output?? No one buys a 7 string to play cleans through a blackface
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
are there really any 7/8 string pickups that aren't high output?? No one buys a 7 string to play cleans through a blackface

They were original made for Jazz
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Matt15f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVoTWEYAy2E
Don't be so presumptuous
But coming from a BKP player, I'd totally recommend the entire pick up over a Blackout, even if the look is all you're going for.
Quote by MatrixClaw
They were original made for Jazz

thats probably how it started, and cool in its own right, but i don't think the majority of the market these days of peeps looking for a 7+ guitar are playing jazz. Just MHO.
Guitars
Amps