ok so i have a brownsvillie newyork guitar ( Bought it for 100 bucks. is that a good price?)anways... i bought me some strings and they guy at guitar center said that this D'addario XL Nickle Wound Regular Light Gauge they sizes r .10/.13/.17/.26/.36/.46 and i put them on with and they sound horriable! i dont know if i put them in wrong or somthing but when i play on the top of the neck like using chords example g, Cadd9,Em. they r muddeterd and get a ringing sound, i have to press really really hard for them to even make a hint of a chord.. Can u help me i would really really apreciate it!
price you paid for guitar, idk, but the strings shouldn't probably sound "muddeterd". what i think may be the problem is that you had 9's and you aren't used to 10's... that shouldn't be the problem cause its not much of a difference.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
does it have a trem system? if so and it was already set low with 9's the 10's could be too much for it
what is a trem system?? it has pickup the another pickup and then this thing where u lay down the strings and on top of that it has these bolts that can be tighten and untightend then the thing where i feed the strings into.
It's really not necessary to bump 2 times in half an hour. We're not slaves indebted to serve you, and sometimes not that many people are on, much less people who can actually help you.

Did you mess with your action at all? Chances are it's too low, or too high.

Would it be possible for you to take and upload pics so we can see what's going on?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X